Eric Anderson

Default Plain Jane blade comes on new Unisaw?

I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I
think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30
years ago.

Leon

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't
believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I
think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of
30
years ago.

Kinda insulting ain't it.

Andy Dingley

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:45:35 -0500, "Eric Anderson"
wrote:

I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30
years ago.

That's why you don't have an MBA.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't

believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I
think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of

30
years ago.

You got a BONUS! I just looked at Delta web page and they don't mention a
blade being included. None shown on the parts list. Cost cutting?

My Delta contractor saw came with carbide a couple of years ago. While not
a great blade, it is serviceable for a lot of work.

FriscoSoxFan

I would wager that the average person spending $1500+ on a new saw probably
have strong opinions as to what type of blade they want and are likely to
use mutiple blades on the saw. To a person buying it for sheet goods a top
quality rip blade would be a throwaway. Why waste thier (or your) money
trying to make them guess?

wrote:

I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of

30
years ago.

That's why you don't have an MBA.

Jay Knepper

If Unisaw buyers are so discriminating that they would reject a high quality
blade, then why ship the saw with a blade at all? Do toys that ship without
batteries because their buyers are discriminating about which batteries they
use??

The MBAs are running Delta. The signs are all there.

Jay

om...

wrote:

I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades
of

30
years ago.

That's why you don't have an MBA.

Prometheus

wrote:

I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I
think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30
years ago.

You got screwed! My little benchtop saw (Delta) came with not one,
but two carbide tipped blades... I would have figured a Unisaw came
with something even better, but I guess not!

Eric Anderson

The darn blade is in my way in designing a fixture for making a zero curf
insert fabrication fixture. I could take it off, but it is in the garage in
the box for a while while I wait for my son to come over to help me get it
to the basement.

"Jay Knepper" wrote in message
. ..
If Unisaw buyers are so discriminating that they would reject a high

quality
blade, then why ship the saw with a blade at all? Do toys that ship

without
batteries because their buyers are discriminating about which batteries

they
use??

Perfect statement!! Basically including the one they did is quite a bit
worse than none at all.

wrote:

I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades
of

30
years ago.

That's why you don't have an MBA.

Ya, I guess you are right!!

Leon

"FriscoSoxFan" wrote in message
om...
I would wager that the average person spending $1500+ on a new saw probably
have strong opinions as to what type of blade they want and are likely to
use mutiple blades on the saw. To a person buying it for sheet goods a top
quality rip blade would be a throwaway. Why waste thier (or your) money
trying to make them guess?

Well, Delta did just that. They apparently guessed and went with a cheap
version of the guess. It would have been better had they not included a
blade at all.

FMB

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't
believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I
think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw
rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of
30
years ago.

My 36-L31X-BC50 came with a carbide blade earlier this year.
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)

Bob

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't

believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped).

My Jet came without a blade.

Bob

Leon

"Bob" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't

believe
it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped).

My Jet came without a blade.

My Jet came with a WWII blade.... It was only $99 more. ;~)

Bob

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

My Jet came with a WWII blade.... It was only $99 more. ;~)

I see you shop at the same discount store I do. :-)

Bob

RonB

The MBAs are running Delta. The signs are all there.

Yeah - I think we have had several strings on this subject during the past
2-4 weeks.

Engineers out ----- Accountants in.