Gerry Leath

Default Wooden lamp

Years ago I saw a wooden task light. It had 2 extension arms and a wooden
screw clamp to fasten to a shelf, desk, etc. The shade was mica and there
was one bulb. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Do you have any
ideas what it would be called to do a google search? Thanks for any help in
locating this. Gerry

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:40:22 -0400, "Gerry Leath"
calmly ranted:

Years ago I saw a wooden task light. It had 2 extension arms and a wooden
screw clamp to fasten to a shelf, desk, etc. The shade was mica and there
was one bulb. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Do you have any
ideas what it would be called to do a google search? Thanks for any help in
locating this. Gerry

Try "articulated wooden lamp mica" for starters.
Try "articulating" and "positionable", etc.

Do you want to make one or have one made for you, Gerry?

--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over

VOTE LIBERTARIAN ON NOVEMBER 2, 2004 OR YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:54:07 -0400, "Gerry Leath"
calmly ranted:

I'd like to try making a pair of them. Gerry

So why not design and build your own? Take your handy articulated
desk lamp (I have 5 in my home/shop now) and clone it into 2 nice
wooden versions. Mica is available from both Ebay (small sheets)
and Asheville-Schoonmaker Mica in VA (large 18 x 36" sheets, $75
minimum, ungodly shipping fees due to size/delicacy).

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Do you want to make one or have one made for you, Gerry?

--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
150 new jobs, enough to hire the ex-regulator, the unemployed, and
the able-bodied poor." -Michael Badnarik

VOTE LIBERTARIAN ON NOVEMBER 2, 2004 OR YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

Gerry Leath

When I retire I might try to do that. Right now, I don't have the time to
design and build, so choose to build. It's a project that will get done one
way or another. Gerry

[...]

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:03:29 -0400, "Gerry Leath"
calmly ranted:

When I retire I might try to do that. Right now, I don't have the time to
design and build, so choose to build. It's a project that will get done one
way or another. Gerry

If you don't have an hour's time to do a simple design for
a lamp, you are waaaaay too overworked, dude. Condolences.

--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
150 new jobs, enough to hire the ex-regulator, the unemployed, and
the able-bodied poor." -Michael Badnarik

VOTE LIBERTARIAN ON NOVEMBER 2, 2004 OR YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:15:55 -0400, "Gerry Leath"
calmly ranted:

Let's just say that I'm only working half a day. Of course, half a day is
12 hours. Gerry

I sleep just 5-1/2 to 6 hours per night, so I have a bit more free
time than most people. I'm also single and petless, which frees up
an extra 8 hours a day. B U T , design work is _therapy_, boy.
Just Do It!

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."

-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003