Chris

Default Philips 6000 hr lamp

I have a Philips projector in for repair. The lamp cuts out after about 5
mins. I've troubleshot it to the lamp supply or lamp. There's no doubt
about it. There's about 1800 hrs on the projector and lamp. This lamp is
supposed to have a 6000 hr life. Does anybody know how reliable this claim
is? Most lamps I see have 1000 - 1500 hr life, not 6000. Also, I don't see
anything special about the lamp or supply.
TIA,
Chris

--
Remove "NS" from the e-mail address to respond.
Tim Mitchell

In article 01, Chris
writes
I have a Philips projector in for repair. The lamp cuts out after about 5
mins. I've troubleshot it to the lamp supply or lamp. There's no doubt
about it. There's about 1800 hrs on the projector and lamp. This lamp is
supposed to have a 6000 hr life. Does anybody know how reliable this claim
is? Most lamps I see have 1000 - 1500 hr life, not 6000. Also, I don't see
anything special about the lamp or supply.
TIA,
Chris

Yes, there are lamps with 6000 hr life, but if they are badly treated
(switched on and off quickly, not shut down properly) the life can be
reduced. However the normal symptom is that they don't strike or take a
long time to strike. Turning off after a time is normally a heat
problem, are all the fans running properly?
--
Tim Mitchell