Woodchuck Bill

Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in
:

Yep, that's the same message I received as well.

Me three. I didn't bother to reply, Greg, for obvious reasons. E-mail me if
you need me to forward headers.

--
Bill
RonB

Me too - verbatim. It is very irritating to receive a message of this type
on a family computer. If it truly came from you Greg, you need to find
something to do with your time. If it is TROLL-dung, same message.

In either case this is supposed to be a mutual help group and I have enjoyed
it. Occasionally we disagree and occasionally we get a little pointed. But
I do not intend to offend. If I have said anything to cause this kind of
response I apologize - but I would like to know what I did.

More importantly, if participation in what should be a pretty robust, but
friendly newsgroup causes this kind of response, either real or
counterfeited, it probably isn't worth it.

RonB

"J T" wrote in message
Hey Greg, now I got an e-mail from you. LOL Another silly dork
troll, limited imagination, no class, another maroon. LMAO

E-mail message
From: (Greg Millen) Date: Sun, Oct 24, 2004,
9:17pm (EDT+4) To:
(Theo) Subject: Hey Theo,
Your Usenet comments
My name is Greg Millen. I want to ask you to stop being such a rude,
arrogant, snobby Usenet contributor. I'm not the type of person to flame
people in newsgroups, but I have absolutely no objection to emailing
them directly when I want to give them a piece of my mind. Cut the crap.
Get off your ****ing high horse and stop being such a royal pain in the
asshole.
I've said what I had to say to you, JERK!
Greg Millen

JOAT
Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Woodchuck Bill

"RonB" wrote in news:GqXed.14962$EZ.6780@okepread07:

If it truly came from you Greg, you need to find
something to do with your time.

It was not from the real Greg. These forgeries have been going on for
weeks. The headers are the same as on previous forgeries. Someone, or
several people is/are trying (successfully) to screw around with the Usenet
voting system, and they are attacking just about anyone who gets involved
with the process.

--
Bill

Dave in Fairfax

J T wrote:
Hey Greg, now I got an e-mail from you. LOL Another silly dork
troll, limited imagination, no class, another maroon. LMAO

Hey Greg, the one you sent me tracks back to the NL, I thought you
were in Oz. I sent it back to you with the header info.

Dave, you'll get your copy when I do. %-) Prolly from the
Stromboli faction.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Woodchuck Bill

Dave in Fairfax wrote in
:

Hey Greg, the one you sent me tracks back to the NL

Really? Mine traces back to Turkey, just like most of the other recent
forgeries.

--
Bill
Greg Millen

Thanks for the heads-up JOAT, and thanks again for immediately knowing it
wasn't me.

Anyone doubting this please google my name and include the swearing in the
criteria. I believe one post will be returned, and that was a deliberate
spoof on an attack on Charlie Self.

My apologies to all this has been sent to, I dropped the crossposting to
r.ww to avoid dragging any trolls into here.

--
Greg

"J T" wrote in message ...
Hey Greg, now I got an e-mail from you. LOL Another silly dork
troll, limited imagination, no class, another maroon. LMAO

Greg Millen

"RonB" wrote in message ...
Me too - verbatim. It is very irritating to receive a message of this
type on a family computer. If it truly came from you Greg, you need to
find something to do with your time.

Ron, I would NEVER send that type of garbage. I stand by my posting history
on google if you care to look. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about
it other than to hope people are wise enough to read the headers and know
that I can't be in Australia (where I live), Turkey, NL etc all in the same
night.

regards,

Greg

Leon

"J T" wrote in message
Hey Greg, now I got an e-mail from you. LOL Another silly dork
troll, limited imagination, no class, another maroon. LMAO

Me too,,, I felt honored... ;~)

RonB

It is OK. Obviously you were set up. I did go back and review your
previous traffic and found nothing to indicate it came from you. We did
cross threads a while back but pretty benign stuff. I must be a random pick
because I have been silent on the new group issue too.

RonB

RonB

For those who think it is cool to pull this kind of crap, think for once in
you life.

How many kids hopped on the family computer yesterday and were left
wondering what dad, or mom, did to cause such a vile, vulgar message?

How many casual news group users were left wondering what the hell they had
done to cause such a response from a member?

If all of this is tied to the hullablough regarding a new user group, or
anything else, you people are caught up in your keyboard fantasies. If you
think you are on some kind of crusade to save or improve the internet or
news group community you are being stupid*. Frankly this kind of activity
damages the cause and leaves a lot of us wondering why we would continue to
expose our homes to the likes of you. You need to go outside for a while
and breath some air that isn't contaminated with you stinking attitude.

I, for one, will be in the shop more and on the computer less for a while.

*That is about as close to flaming as I have come.

Dave in Fairfax

Greg Millen wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up JOAT, and thanks again for immediately knowing it
wasn't me.
Anyone doubting this please google my name and include the swearing in the
criteria. I believe one post will be returned, and that was a deliberate
spoof on an attack on Charlie Self.
My apologies to all this has been sent to, I dropped the crossposting to
r.ww to avoid dragging any trolls into here.

Don't seat it Greg, we all know it wasn't you. Well, all but the
newbies. This too shall pass.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/

Dave in Fairfax

RonB wrote:
snip of rant against viciousness
Ron, the people who do this enjoy the effects they cause. Being
immature and socially depraved, the results of their actions on
others don't matter to them as much as that there ARE results.
Appealing to their decency is a waste of your time and feeds their
egos.

I, for one, will be in the shop more and on the computer less for a while.

That feeds their egos as well, DFFTT.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Dave in Fairfax

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
Really? Mine traces back to Turkey, just like most of the other recent
forgeries.

Yup. Sent the info to Greg. I feels so honored. Now where's my
abuse from Dave B?

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Woodchuck Bill

Dave in Fairfax wrote in
:

Really? Mine traces back to Turkey, just like most of the other recent
forgeries.

Yup. Sent the info to Greg. I feels so honored. Now where's my
abuse from Dave B?

Didn't you say that yours traced to NL? I presumed you meant Netherlands.
Was it Netherlands or Turkey? Maybe I'm not tracing right. (not that it
matters much..the perp is unlike to be in either of those jurisdictions)

--
Bill
Dave in Fairfax

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
Didn't you say that yours traced to NL? I presumed you meant Netherlands.
Was it Netherlands or Turkey? Maybe I'm not tracing right. (not that it
matters much..the perp is unlike to be in either of those jurisdictions)

It was NL. The info is munged though, both NL and Trukey show up
when you look at it. I'm darned if I know where it really came
from. As soon as it goes over the border I figure that I'm
unlikely to find the jerk anyway.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

Didn't you say that yours traced to NL? I presumed you meant Netherlands.
Was it Netherlands or Turkey? Maybe I'm not tracing right. (not that it
matters much..the perp is unlike to be in either of those jurisdictions)

In the headers, it appears to be originating from a mail server at
LIDYA.NET, which is in Istanbul.

A whois on the IP returns:

inetnum: 212.79.114.0 - 212.79.114.255
netname: Avr001
descr: Omurga - Satel Peering
country: TR
admin-c: MS2000
admin-c: CK1000-RIPE
tech-c: CK1000-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: AS12987-MNT
mnt-lower: AS12987-MNT
mnt-routes: AS12987-MNT
notify:
notify:

changed:
20040119
changed:
20040119
source: RIPE

person: Mustafa Sokullu
address: OMURGA NSP Services
address: Buyukdere cad 121 Ercan Han II.Blok Kat 2 Gayrettepe
address: Istanbul 80300 TURKEY
phone: +90 216 5450410
fax-no: +90 216 5450583
e-mail:

nic-hdl: MS2000
mnt-by: AS12987-MNT
notify:

changed:
20021211
source: RIPE

person: Cumhur KIZILARI
address: Tophanelioglu Caddesi No: 66 A:1 34718
address: Kosuyolu - Uskudar Istanbul
phone: +90 216 5450410
fax-no: +90 216 5450583
e-mail:

nic-hdl: CK1000-RIPE
mnt-by: AS12987-MNT
notify:

changed:
20040106
source: RIPE

Woodchuck Bill

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

In the headers, it appears to be originating from a mail server at
LIDYA.NET, which is in Istanbul.

That's what I got.

--
Bill
Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

In the headers, it appears to be originating from a mail server at
LIDYA.NET, which is in Istanbul.

That's what I got.

I emailed them but have had no reply. Big surprise...
J T

Got another dork troll post this evening, this time supposedly from
Charlie Self. Too much obscenity in it to put it out on the group. It
wouldn't be so bad if they'd just use some imagination and/or be a bit
creative, but nooo they've got to be dull, boring, and uninteresting.

JOAT
Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Charlie Self

JOAT notes:

Got another dork troll post this evening, this time supposedly from
Charlie Self. Too much obscenity in it to put it out on the group. It
wouldn't be so bad if they'd just use some imagination and/or be a bit
creative, but nooo they've got to be dull, boring, and uninteresting.

Yeah. It sounds almost like someone who knows me for the first sentence, then
goes off the deep end.

Same lidya.net according to the headers.

School holiday somewhere, or flu vaccine isn't the only medication the country
is short on.

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine
RonB

Well.....Looks like Charlie Self's day in the barrel. I received 7 slightly
different emails today. Different subject lines, all same lead-in, then a
string of brainless obsceneties. Pretty indicitive of the source.

jo4hn

Charlie Self wrote:
JOAT notes:

Got another dork troll post this evening, this time supposedly from
Charlie Self. Too much obscenity in it to put it out on the group. It
wouldn't be so bad if they'd just use some imagination and/or be a bit
creative, but nooo they've got to be dull, boring, and uninteresting.

Yeah. It sounds almost like someone who knows me for the first sentence, then
goes off the deep end.

Same lidya.net according to the headers.

School holiday somewhere, or flu vaccine isn't the only medication the country
is short on.

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine

Got my membership papers to the "bleep you (signed) Charliediy" this
morning. Exciting **** man. Went an put on a Grateful Dead album and
found the bong... No wait, I don't do that stuff (except for the Dead).
Got me alllllll-a-twitter.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Dave in Fairfax

RonB wrote:
Well.....Looks like Charlie Self's day in the barrel. I received 7 slightly
different emails today. Different subject lines, all same lead-in, then a
string of brainless obsceneties. Pretty indicitive of the source.

Yup, I got:

Date: 26 Oct 2004 03:29:43 -0000
To: "Dave"
Subject: rec.woodworking.all-ages
From: "Charlie Self"

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Charlie Self

Dave in Fairfax responds:

Yup, I got:

Date: 26 Oct 2004 03:29:43 -0000
To: "Dave"
From: "Charlie Self"

Poor, ol' lidya. I used to date a woman named Lydia---I wonder?

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine
Dave in Fairfax

Charlie Self wrote:
Poor, ol' lidya. I used to date a woman named Lydia---I wonder?

Sure hope she had a cleaner mouth than this one. %-)
Dave in Fairfax