Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
PJL

Default Finishing maple dowels

Hi All,

I built a clothes dryer for my wife, (you know the kind that folds up and
drops to the floor when you put wet clothes on them) and I am having a hell
of a time trying to get the dowels smooth. I haven't used any kind of
finish on the wood as I don't want any transfer of colour or finish to
transfer to the wet clothes. The dowels are the typical maple ones you can
buy at The Home Depot and I have sanded and sanded but as soon as they get
wet it raises the grain and I have to start all over again. Any ideas
before I turn this project over to the end user? (Who will probably scream
the first time she snags her nylons on a rogue wood fibre)

Thanks,

John

Finishing choices for hard maple? Scott Geyer Woodworking 6 January 7th 04 03:24 AM
mapled out Mike in Mystic Woodworking 11 August 30th 03 09:21 PM
A Different Maple Finishing Problem Ed Bailen Woodworking 2 July 29th 03 07:57 PM