Frosty Thunder

Why not try Helmsmen?

George

"PJL" wrote in message

Donald Guzzetta wrote in message
Raw wood will always raise when exposed to moisture, wood is like a sponge
and will absorb whatever moisture it is exposed to. sand the dowls to the
desired finish and apply a sanding sealer then light sand again, then

apply
a coat or two of poly to the finish desired, (Gloss, semi-gloss or satin).
you really want a durable water resistant finish on the dowels. go with a
satin finish for a more natural look if desired,

Thanks Donald, I am concerned that whatever finish I apply may get on the
clothing that is being dryed. Do you or anybody else have suggestions on a
positively waterproof/resistant finish that won't transfer to clothing.
Product brand names would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

John

"PJL" wrote in message
Hi All,

I built a clothes dryer for my wife, (you know the kind that folds up

and
drops to the floor when you put wet clothes on them) and I am having a
hell
of a time trying to get the dowels smooth. I haven't used any kind of
finish on the wood as I don't want any transfer of colour or finish to
transfer to the wet clothes. The dowels are the typical maple ones you
can
buy at The Home Depot and I have sanded and sanded but as soon as they

get
wet it raises the grain and I have to start all over again. Any ideas
before I turn this project over to the end user? (Who will probably
scream
the first time she snags her nylons on a rogue wood fibre)

Thanks,

John