Woodcrafter

I built a clothes dryer for my wife, (you know the kind that folds up and
drops to the floor when you put wet clothes on them) and I am having a

hell
of a time trying to get the dowels smooth. I haven't used any kind of
finish on the wood as I don't want any transfer of colour or finish to
transfer to the wet clothes. The dowels are the typical maple ones you

can
buy at The Home Depot and I have sanded and sanded but as soon as they get
wet it raises the grain and I have to start all over again. Any ideas
before I turn this project over to the end user? (Who will probably

scream
the first time she snags her nylons on a rogue wood fibre)

Thanks,

Maybe a couple small coats of polyurethane on the ends? That should seal
them up, provide resistance to moisture and not transfer to clothes once
fully dry.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 60 woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Fasco GN-40A Brad Nailer
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction
- Milescraft SignCrafter
- Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS
- Bessey K-Body Clamps
- Lumber Wizard Metal Detector