R.H.

Default Another tool ID needed XV

Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

I finally found the ID on a previously unsolved object, number 98,
it's the slotted chrome holder with the clamp on the bottom. Here is
a photo of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...tt65/pic98.jpg

I asked a few people about it when I was looking for more tools at an
antique show this morning and someone pointed me in the right
direction, turns out that it's a holder for inverted syrup bottles
used at old soda fountains. One can be seen in use at the center of
this photo:

http://longbeachheritagemuseum.com/e...dafountain.JPG

Rob
Leon

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

156 Band strap crimpier

157 A bad crown for a tooth.

159 Black smith punch

R.H.

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

156 Band strap crimpier

It's a crimper, though it was marked as being for something else, but you
may still be correct.

157 A bad crown for a tooth.

That would be one bad dentist.:-) The seller told me it was a game piece,
I've since found it is something entirely different.

159 Black smith punch

Not sure about this one, I'll put your suggestion on my list.

Prometheus

On 16 Oct 2004 15:50:05 -0700, (R.H.) wrote:

Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

The handle on 159 leads me to believe that it was cut off the handle
on an old cast-iron woodstove. I've seen dozens of them just like it,
though they were all longer, and still attached to the stove.
(They're not all that useful, BTW, they still get hotter than heck.)

I finally found the ID on a previously unsolved object, number 98,
it's the slotted chrome holder with the clamp on the bottom. Here is
a photo of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...tt65/pic98.jpg

I asked a few people about it when I was looking for more tools at an
antique show this morning and someone pointed me in the right
direction, turns out that it's a holder for inverted syrup bottles
used at old soda fountains. One can be seen in use at the center of
this photo:

http://longbeachheritagemuseum.com/e...dafountain.JPG

Rob

Mark & Juanita

On 16 Oct 2004 15:50:05 -0700, (R.H.) wrote:

Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

159 looks like a part of a metal stovepipe chimney damper. The other
part is the damper itself, point on then end helps puncture the stovepipe,
the wire handle helps let one work the damper when the chimney is hot.

R.H.

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message
"R.H." writes:

157 A bad crown for a tooth.

That would be one bad dentist.:-) The seller told me it was a game

piece,
I've since found it is something entirely different.

It's a Lapidary item. (Rock Tumbling).

Not 100% sure, but I think that it's actually a piece of steel tumbling
media used when tumbling large pieces of metal.

R.H.

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On 16 Oct 2004 15:50:05 -0700, (R.H.) wrote:

Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

The handle on 159 leads me to believe that it was cut off the handle
on an old cast-iron woodstove. I've seen dozens of them just like it,
though they were all longer, and still attached to the stove.
(They're not all that useful, BTW, they still get hotter than heck.)

This is the most probable answer, but I'm still waiting to see the image
sent from the anonymous commenter on my site who says he has a box of these
and that it's a picture hanging nail.

R.H.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On 16 Oct 2004 15:50:05 -0700, (R.H.) wrote:

Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

159 looks like a part of a metal stovepipe chimney damper. The other
part is the damper itself, point on then end helps puncture the stovepipe,
the wire handle helps let one work the damper when the chimney is hot.

The wire handle is only an inch long, seems kind of small but you're
probably right.