ToolMiser

Default Used tool place in Minneapolis MN. area?

I remember someone posting here once about a place that sells used tools (not
a pawn shop) somewhere in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. We are going there
for a get away weekend, and too go to the woodworking show. Also checking out
a few woodworking stores. Hope it's a good time.

I also remembered I wrote down the name and address of this place, but I can't
remember where I put it.

Thanks for your help!
ToolMiser

Sometimes I even scare myself. As soon as I completed my post, I thought of
another place to look, and found the name of the place I was looking for.

Tried & True Tools
7550 University Ave, N.E.
Fridley, MN 55432

Is it worth the stop?

Unisaw A100

Sometimes I even scare myself. As soon as I completed my post, I thought of
another place to look, and found the name of the place I was looking for.

Tried & True Tools
7550 University Ave, N.E.
Fridley, MN 55432

My understanding was that they've moved from
Fridley/University Ave. location. You might want to White
Page this before setting out.

Is it worth the stop?

I don't know. It's been a couple of years but I saw wall to
wall 'chinery, tools and dirty paper when I was there. All
I came home with was a Delta Art Deco switch box from the
pre-60's era. I gave the nice man $38 for it. Last time
one of these came up on eBay the seller retired from the
sale.

sigh...

UA100
Larry Jaques

On 15 Oct 2004 09:35:23 -0500, Allen Windhorn
calmly ranted:

(ToolMiser) writes:

I remember someone posting here once about a place that sells used
tools (not a pawn shop) somewhere in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
We are going there for a get away weekend, and too go to the
woodworking show. Also checking out a few woodworking stores. Hope
it's a good time...

Are you coming to the woodworking seminar with Frank Klausz at MCAD
this weekend? If so, see you there.

You'll have lots of fun there. He's very entertaining, a really
good guy, and a humbly proficient woodworker. Listen closely. He
has a LOT to say and is extremely experienced with wood. The SDFWA
hosted him about 5 years ago and it was an outstanding weekend for
$45, despite the 100 mile R/T each day. /gloat

Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com
It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Bob Peterson

There is (or at least was) a chain of used tool stores called ReTool. You
might want to look in the white pages. I was unimpressed with them. The
one that was (and maybe still is) here had mostly HF type new stuff with a
smattering of beatup old tools at about 75% of retail. I did buy a small
tool washer there that I get a fair amount of use from.

"Allen Windhorn" wrote in message
(ToolMiser) writes:

I remember someone posting here once about a place that sells used
tools (not a pawn shop) somewhere in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
We are going there for a get away weekend, and too go to the
woodworking show. Also checking out a few woodworking stores. Hope
it's a good time...

Are you coming to the woodworking seminar with Frank Klausz at MCAD
this weekend? If so, see you there.

Regards,
Allen

ToolMiser

My report: I made it to the woodworking show. We attended three seminars
about kitchen cabinets. Not rocket science, but he did have some good
information, and I am now motivated to start making some. As far as the "used"
tool places go, we went to Tried & True Tools-they had a quite a bit of
stationary ones, and not a lot of portable ( of good quality). Their prices
seemed a little high, but could be worse. We also took in Re-Tool, and it was
a smaller operation, and selection was limited. It reminded me more of a pawn
shop. I didn't spend much time there, but also didn't have to unload the
vehicle either. I am sure they are always hit or miss situations. Anybody
know if either will deal? How much do they charge to sell? Thanks!