Greg Millen

Default 5 Speed Drill Press Bench Top (Brand NEW)

jeez "infoman", get a clue before spamming will ya? I can guarantee I won't
be the only one informing eBay you've broken their Terms of Agreement.

"infoman" wrote in message
5 Speed Drill Press Bench Top (Brand NEW)
This is an unbeatable deal on a great product ! The perfect tool for a
small
shop and a must have for any handyman or do-it-yourselfer. Order yours
today
while supplies last ! Also makes a great gift we can even ship it directly
to the person you would like to give one to !

Features:
- Voltage:120
- Frequency: 60HZ
- Chuck Size: 1/2"
- Adjustable Depth
- Max Speed: 3,000 RPM
- 5 Speed Adjustable Setting
- Table Tilts From 0 To 45 Degree

MSRP: $179.99 Your Price $xxxxx

For complete details or to buy now go to :

jtpr

Greg,

How does this break the terms of agreement? I don't like this stuff either,
but why can't he do it from eBay's point of view? I mean if I have
something large up for auction I usually put a post in a regional NG about
it. Am I not supposed to do this?

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its -- ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam

"infoman" wrote in message
5 Speed Drill Press Bench Top (Brand NEW)
This is an unbeatable deal on a great product ! The perfect tool for a
small
shop and a must have for any handyman or do-it-yourselfer. Order yours
today
while supplies last ! Also makes a great gift we can even ship it

directly
to the person you would like to give one to !

Features:
- Voltage:120
- Frequency: 60HZ
- Chuck Size: 1/2"
- Adjustable Depth
- Max Speed: 3,000 RPM
- 5 Speed Adjustable Setting
- Table Tilts From 0 To 45 Degree

MSRP: $179.99 Your Price $xxxxx

For complete details or to buy now go to :

Phisherman

Isn't that the same POS 5-speed benchtop drill press I saw at BigLots
yesterday for $39.95?

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 05:49:04 GMT, "infoman"
wrote:

5 Speed Drill Press Bench Top (Brand NEW)
This is an unbeatable deal on a great product ! The perfect tool for a small
shop and a must have for any handyman or do-it-yourselfer. Order yours today
while supplies last ! Also makes a great gift we can even ship it directly
to the person you would like to give one to !

Features:
- Voltage:120
- Frequency: 60HZ
- Chuck Size: 1/2"
- Adjustable Depth
- Max Speed: 3,000 RPM
- 5 Speed Adjustable Setting
- Table Tilts From 0 To 45 Degree

MSRP: $179.99 Your Price $49.97

For complete details or to buy now go to :

Greg Millen

"jtpr" wrote in message ...
Greg,

How does this break the terms of agreement? I don't like this stuff
either,
but why can't he do it from eBay's point of view? I mean if I have
something large up for auction I usually put a post in a regional NG about
it. Am I not supposed to do this?

Short answer is no, long answer is absolutely no. Here's a link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

--
Greg

Greg Millen

"RonB" wrote in message ...
I suspect it was the term "while supplies last" that raised his hair.
This guy is running a business from Ebay (ok) and this newsgroup (not ok -
spamming).

There is some truth in this, I am more tolerant of someone who regularly
participates advertising something, but a business that wanders in, spams
us, and strolls away needs to learn some manners.

--

Greg

Lobby Dosser

"Greg Millen" wrote:

"jtpr" wrote in message ...
Greg,

How does this break the terms of agreement? I don't like this stuff
either,
but why can't he do it from eBay's point of view? I mean if I have
something large up for auction I usually put a post in a regional NG
about it. Am I not supposed to do this?

Short answer is no, long answer is absolutely no. Here's a link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

How is a drill press inappropriate for this newsgroup?
Greg Millen

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message ...
How is a drill press inappropriate for this newsgroup?

It's not the drillpress that is the issue, it is the fact that it is a
commercial advertisement that is inappropriate in a rec (recreational)
newsgroup.

Greg Millen

"jtpr" wrote in message
Greg,

How does this break the terms of agreement? I don't like this stuff
either,
but why can't he do it from eBay's point of view? I mean if I have
something large up for auction I usually put a post in a regional NG about
it. Am I not supposed to do this?

I should clarify my previous answer, technically, you could post it as an
individual, and a lot do. If you were running a business (like the OP) then
no, as it is not recreational - as the name of the newsgroup indicates.

cheers,

Greg

Ba r r y

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:41:25 +1000, "Greg Millen"
wrote:

Short answer is no, long answer is absolutely no. Here's a link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

Read it again.

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates
the Usenet board policy."

This group has no charter prohibition against personal buying and
selling, and the item is woodworking related. That makes some
auction links on topic, a.k.a. appropriate, so eBay can care less.

I sell personal items on eBay. More than once, I've had folks with
wadded panties report me to eBay. Every time, I've referred eBay
support to newsgroup charters, or the lack of one, and received an
apology from eBay.

A business might be a different story, and each newsgroup is
different.

Barry

Greg Millen

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
A business might be a different story, and each newsgroup is
different.

Barry

The OP _is_ a business, which is why I posted. Read my other responses.

Greg

Ba r r y

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:27:17 +1000, "Greg Millen"
wrote:

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
A business might be a different story, and each newsgroup is
different.

Barry

The OP _is_ a business, which is why I posted. Read my other responses.

Greg

Right.

And Steve Knight, Ed Bennett, and many others aren't? G

Barry
Greg Millen

"Ba r r y" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:27:17 +1000, "Greg Millen" wrote:
The OP _is_ a business, which is why I posted. Read my other responses.

Greg

Right.

And Steve Knight, Ed Bennett, and many others aren't? G

Barry,

I agree there is some hypocrisy here (and yes, I saw the "G"). Steve and
the others evolved their business whilst participating in the wreck. They
have encouraged and helped others as active participants - as you would
know.

This "infoman" is a get-rich quick person who has not participated in the
wreck at all.

ref
http://www.google.com.au/groups?safe...oman&lr=&hl=en

and
http://www.google.com.au/groups?safe...oman&lr=&hl=en

To allow businesses to openly shill their wares is an invitation to destroy
the group by flooding it with commercial, large volume advertising (spam).

Again, I agree the issue with Steve, Ed et al is hypocritical, however, they
_are_ long term contributors who provide a wealth of input to discussions.
Not blatant spammers like the OP.

I am happy to take any further discussion to email, as this thread is
getting more advertising than it deserves.

cheers,

Greg

spam (spam) noun

An unsolicited e-mail message sent to many recipients at one time, or a news
article posted simultaneously to many newsgroups. Spam is the electronic
equivalent of junk mail. In most cases, the content of a spam message or
article is not relevant to the topic of the newsgroup or the interests of
the recipient; spam is an abuse of the Internet in order to distribute a
message (usually commercial or religious) to a huge number of people at
minimal cost. (MS Bookshelf '99)