Greg Millen

"Ba r r y" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:27:17 +1000, "Greg Millen" wrote:
The OP _is_ a business, which is why I posted. Read my other responses.

Greg

Right.

And Steve Knight, Ed Bennett, and many others aren't? G

Barry,

I agree there is some hypocrisy here (and yes, I saw the "G"). Steve and
the others evolved their business whilst participating in the wreck. They
have encouraged and helped others as active participants - as you would
know.

This "infoman" is a get-rich quick person who has not participated in the
wreck at all.

ref
http://www.google.com.au/groups?safe...oman&lr=&hl=en

and
http://www.google.com.au/groups?safe...oman&lr=&hl=en

To allow businesses to openly shill their wares is an invitation to destroy
the group by flooding it with commercial, large volume advertising (spam).

Again, I agree the issue with Steve, Ed et al is hypocritical, however, they
_are_ long term contributors who provide a wealth of input to discussions.
Not blatant spammers like the OP.

I am happy to take any further discussion to email, as this thread is
getting more advertising than it deserves.

cheers,

Greg

spam (spam) noun

An unsolicited e-mail message sent to many recipients at one time, or a news
article posted simultaneously to many newsgroups. Spam is the electronic
equivalent of junk mail. In most cases, the content of a spam message or
article is not relevant to the topic of the newsgroup or the interests of
the recipient; spam is an abuse of the Internet in order to distribute a
message (usually commercial or religious) to a huge number of people at
minimal cost. (MS Bookshelf '99)