The Old Goat

Default Tradesman Tools

Received my November issue of Wood magazine today. On page 7 is a full page
ad for Tradesman Power and Pneumatic Tool available only at Lowe's. I guess
this will be there house brand now that Delta is gone.
Anyone have any information on Tradesman Tools?

The Old Goat
email is dummy. Please reply to group.
Greg G.

The Old Goat said:

Received my November issue of Wood magazine today. On page 7 is a full page
ad for Tradesman Power and Pneumatic Tool available only at Lowe's. I guess
this will be there house brand now that Delta is gone.
Anyone have any information on Tradesman Tools?

The Old Goat
email is dummy. Please reply to group.

I've seen them - Barely a step up from the Chinese GMC crap they
pulled.

Greg G.

patrick conroy

"The Old Goat" wrote in message

Received my November issue of Wood magazine today. On page 7 is a full
page
ad for Tradesman Power and Pneumatic Tool available only at Lowe's. I
guess

Ad in a woodworking rag mentioned "Rexon" assume that's the parent company

Unisaw A100

http://www.tradesman-rexon.com/CompanyProfile.html

UA100

Alan W

The Old Goat wrote in message .. .
Received my November issue of Wood magazine today. On page 7 is a full page
ad for Tradesman Power and Pneumatic Tool available only at Lowe's. I guess
this will be there house brand now that Delta is gone.
Anyone have any information on Tradesman Tools?

I've used a Tradesman bench drill press, and a Tradesman 8-1/2" Miter
saw. Part of a sales rewards program, so there was no other options
at the time.

The Drill press is pretty heavy, the motor being most of it. The
table is smallist, not very deep, and does not have a geared rise and
fall. With large bits the chuck spins on the shaft if too much
pressure is used. I've decided not to buy a new chuck, and instead
eventually buy a large drill press. Preferably a radial design.

The Mitersaw I recently disassembled the base from the table, relubed
it with lithium grease and the saw now operates better than ever. I
picked up a Vermont American chop blade from a local habitat for
humanity store and wish I had bought all of them. Pretty low tooth
count, but fast cutting and clean if done slowly.

The angle setting is visual, so I usually use a drafters triangle for
bevels, and relay on the miter scale with its small detents.

I would rate the saw slightly underpowered, but adequate. The
capacity is small, with a 8-1/2" blade, I often have to tip up wider
pieces to cut all the way edge to edge. I have read a raised platform
will also increase width, but decrease height.

The saw is light enough to pack around places, accurate enough that
it's me that screws up all the time.. Those damn pieces get cut
twice and they are STILL too short!

Alan
patrick conroy

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

http://www.tradesman-rexon.com/CompanyProfile.html

t'anks couldn't remember if it was rexon or rectum.

jo4hn

patrick conroy wrote:
"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

http://www.tradesman-rexon.com/CompanyProfile.html

t'anks couldn't remember if it was rexon or rectum.

Rectum? Hell, it killed him.
pa-rum-pum. :-)
j4
patrick conroy

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:30:06 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

Rectum? Hell, it killed him.
pa-rum-pum. :-)
j4

That's one in the list of "First Ten I Learned".
Can't say/hear the word w/o thinking of that one!
Unisaw A100

patrick conroy
That's one in the list of "First Ten I Learned".
Can't say/hear the word w/o thinking of that one!

For me it's rats.

"Rats! Rats with dicks the size of your arm!!!
-Dirty Johnny, age 7

UA100