Jim

Default DJ-20 table sag: alignment instructions?

When my infeed table is even with the cutters (right adjacent to the
cutters), the infeed table is higher then the cutters at the far end
of the infeed table. Since the DJ-20 has a parallelogram mechanism,
the way you adjust it must be different from the general methods I
have seen published. Is there a set of instructions specifically for
fixing sag in DJ-20 tables?
Thanks

Mike S.

Can you post the instructions on abpw or email them to me also. I plan on
picking up the DJ-20 in the next few months and it might save me some
headaches.
use the email below, don't use reply
Thanks
--
Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Jim wrote:

When my infeed table is even with the cutters (right adjacent to the
cutters), the infeed table is higher then the cutters at the far end
of the infeed table. Since the DJ-20 has a parallelogram mechanism,
the way you adjust it must be different from the general methods I
have seen published. Is there a set of instructions specifically for
fixing sag in DJ-20 tables?
Thanks

Svenman

Can you email them to me also? I currently own a DJ-20 and while everything
seems to be sweet right now, I don't know what the situation may look like 7
years down the road.

use email below, don't use 'reply'

Svenman@SBCGlobal(dot)net

Jim wrote:

When my infeed table is even with the cutters (right adjacent to the
cutters), the infeed table is higher then the cutters at the far end
of the infeed table. Since the DJ-20 has a parallelogram mechanism,
the way you adjust it must be different from the general methods I
have seen published. Is there a set of instructions specifically for
fixing sag in DJ-20 tables?
Thanks

Jim

K&AM wrote in message ...
Jim I sent you a PDF with the instructions.

It looks like you need a special wrench to turn the eccentric
bushings, do you know where you can get such a thing (or what it is
called)?
Thanks,
Jim

Todd Fatheree

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
K&AM wrote in message

Jim I sent you a PDF with the instructions.

It looks like you need a special wrench to turn the eccentric
bushings, do you know where you can get such a thing (or what it is
called)?
Thanks,
Jim

It looks like you need a spanner wrench. I don't know if the Borg carry
such a thing. Perhaps in a well-stocked auto store. I have one made for
bicycle repair (need it to get the bottom bracket out on my bicycle) that
would do the job.

Here's an idea of what designed for bike repair looks like.
http://www.parktool.com/tools/SPA_2.shtml

todd

John Grossbohlin

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
K&AM wrote in message

Jim I sent you a PDF with the instructions.

It looks like you need a special wrench to turn the eccentric
bushings, do you know where you can get such a thing (or what it is
called)?
Thanks,
Jim

It seems to me that Delta sells spanner wrenches that fit the eccentric
bushings... at least that's my recollection of discussions with them over my
DJ-20 saga. The short version of the story is I took delivery of 3 before I
got one not damaged in shipping.

John

Jim

It looks like you need a special wrench to turn the eccentric
bushings, do you know where you can get such a thing (or what it is
called)?
Thanks,
Jim

It seems to me that Delta sells spanner wrenches that fit the eccentric
bushings... clip
John

Delta says:
They don't sell the spanner
I should bring it to a service center (not likely)
You can turn the eccentrics by hand (I haven't tried yet)