dan cordes

Default quack quack.help with duck calls

Hi All,

Looking for info and specs for turning duck calls. Any help to get me
going in the right direction would be appreciated.

Dan

Nova

dan cordes wrote:

Hi All,

Looking for info and specs for turning duck calls. Any help to get me
going in the right direction would be appreciated.

Dan

This may help:

http://www.customcalls.com/makeaduckcall.htm

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Dave Balderstone

In article , Nova
wrote:

This may help

Dunno, Jack. What that mostly tells me is "if you don't know how,
forget it"

I don't see how that helps the OP.

Dave Balderstone

In article , dan cordes
wrote:

Thanks Jack,

That'll be a good starting point for me.

OK, I stand corrected.

;-)

djb

Doug Miller

In article , "dan cordes" wrote:
Hi All,

Looking for info and specs for turning duck calls. Any help to get me
going in the right direction would be appreciated.

Try posting in rec.crafts.woodturning too.

--
Regards,

dave in Fairfax

dan cordes wrote:
Looking for info and specs for turning duck calls. Any help to get me
going in the right direction would be appreciated.

The right direction might be news:rec.crafts.woodturning since you
want to turn them. Just a direction. Don't know how, myself,
sorry, someone, or more is likely to though.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Prometheus

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 21:42:41 GMT, dave in Fairfax
wrote:

dan cordes wrote:
Looking for info and specs for turning duck calls. Any help to get me
going in the right direction would be appreciated.

I don't know anything about them myself, but looking at the link
provided, it seems like they might have a lot in common with voicing a
pipe organ. If you can't find much information on tuning the call,
you might check that out as another source of general information. Of
course the reed will change things, but it may give you some
interesting leads.