RonB

Default Lowe's Closeout on Delta Equip.

I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

patriarch

"TBone" wrote in
m:

Whoever gives them the best deal at the end of the contract, I guess.

Well, if Delta & Porter Cable are going to be owned by DeWalt and Black &
Decker, then perhaps it makes good business sense for Lowe's to have some
diversity in their supplier community.

Too many eggs in one basket, etc.
Nick Bozovich

As long as they keep closing out and offering discounted prices, I'm happy!!
I picked up the Delta 12" Drill Press on closeout sale for $139.00 (regular
price $199). What a pleasure to have a good tool versus the off brand 7"
cheapie that I had!!

Nick B

"RonB" wrote in message
I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a
earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the
slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

Pat Barber

I wouldn't get stuck on the Jet tools... Lowes will drop
a product line at the drop of a hat. Delta isn't gone
for good and Jet isn't there forever.

RonB wrote:

I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

Bob Peterson

Maybe its my imagination, or a local phenomena, but it seems to me that
menards prices on name brand tools now seem to regularly be lower then both
HD and Lowes for the same items. They don't all stock the same things, but
where there is overlap it seems that menards is consistently lower.

Do the rest of you see this as well? It seemed to me that a few years ago
HD had the better prices, with Lowes the highest. Now it seems HD is the
highest.

Could just be my imagination, or a few items that caught my glance.

RonB wrote:

I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a
earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the
slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

patrick conroy

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

I wouldn't get stuck on the Jet tools... Lowes will drop
a product line at the drop of a hat. Delta isn't gone
for good and Jet isn't there forever.

Agreed on the line switching - but Lowe's carrying Jet is a good thing,
IMHO.
I *might* see price competition, and if they drop a line or bring in new
models, I might see some great deals on Jet gear.

B a r r y

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:22:28 -0500, "Bob Peterson"
wrote:

Maybe its my imagination, or a local phenomena, but it seems to me that
menards prices on name brand tools now seem to regularly be lower then both
HD and Lowes for the same items. They don't all stock the same things, but
where there is overlap it seems that menards is consistently lower.

That's really not hard to believe.

Here in CT, we have two independents that always beat big box prices,
Coastal Tool and Tools Plus. Both stores are directly across the
street from Home Depot stores, and both were there long before the
BORGs.

Barry
Edwin Pawlowski

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message
As long as they keep closing out and offering discounted prices, I'm
happy!! I picked up the Delta 12" Drill Press on closeout sale for $139.00
(regular price $199). What a pleasure to have a good tool versus the off
brand 7" cheapie that I had!!

Hellluva buy. I paid full price for mine a few years back. Does a good
job and you're going to enjoy it. I made a simple fence for mine, but one of
these days I'll get around to making a full table for it.

patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
om:

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message
As long as they keep closing out and offering discounted prices, I'm
happy!! I picked up the Delta 12" Drill Press on closeout sale for
$139.00 (regular price $199). What a pleasure to have a good tool
versus the off brand 7" cheapie that I had!!

Hellluva buy. I paid full price for mine a few years back. Does a
good job and you're going to enjoy it. I made a simple fence for mine,
but one of these days I'll get around to making a full table for it.

There's an ugly sink cutout C-clamped to mine. It was supposed to be
temporary. It's been there since last December. As long as nobody's
taking pictures for global publication, it may stay there for a while.

J. Clarke

wrote:

Maybe its my imagination, or a local phenomena, but it seems to me that
menards prices on name brand tools now seem to regularly be lower then
both
HD and Lowes for the same items. They don't all stock the same things,
but where there is overlap it seems that menards is consistently lower.

That's really not hard to believe.

Here in CT, we have two independents that always

Usually, not always. Got some deWalt batteries at Home Depot a while back
that were a good deal cheaper than the same battery from Coastal. And
Coastal doesn't come close to beating the Lowes clearance prices on Delta.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

AL

Jet and Delta are both good. Now if only HD will drop their Ridgid crap and
start selling a real brand. Maybe they could work out a deal with Grizzly
and start carrying their stuff.

AL

Right now they are only in the Midwest. I don't know if they have any plans
to expand to other states.

I prefer Menard's, then Lowe's, then HD.

"CW" no adddress@spam free.com wrote in message
I've never seen a Menard's.

B a r r y

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:56:45 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Usually, not always. Got some deWalt batteries at Home Depot a while back
that were a good deal cheaper than the same battery from Coastal. And
Coastal doesn't come close to beating the Lowes clearance prices on Delta.

Clearance prices are another story, which holds true for any store.

Tools-Plus cleared out non-X5 DJ-20's for $1099. G

I'm local to Coastal, so I usually ask for matching on the rare
occasion a normal price is different. If you're not local, that
wouldn't make sense.

Barry
mbrooks

"RonB" wrote in message news:ue20d.40398$mu.10404@okepread07...
I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

I heard that Black & Decker is buying out Delta and Porter Cable.
Perhaps this will mean their resellers will change stock mix.
Bob Peterson

"AL" wrote in message news:ZAw0d.19264$MQ5.14587@attbi_s52...
In my area, it has been this way for as long as I can remember. Of course
there are exceptions, but generally speaking Menards is cheaper.

That might be why I have unintentionally gravitated towards menards the last
few years without even realizing it.

The other day I bought a set of folding table legs at menards. HD down the
street had the same item, but was almost $3 more.

OTOH, HD seems to have a somewhat better grade of basic lumber, although
that could also be my imagination.

RonB wrote:

I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a
earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the
slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

Bob Peterson

There is something about Lowes I don't like, and can't quite put into words.

HD had a store about 10 miles from where I live and when they opened I found
I really liked it. They opened another one that is next to the Menards near
me so I have both within a couple miles. I wish menards had wider aisles
(its impossible for two of their wide shopping carts to pass each other in
most aisles).

"AL" wrote in message
Right now they are only in the Midwest. I don't know if they have any
plans
to expand to other states.

I prefer Menard's, then Lowe's, then HD.

"CW" no adddress@spam free.com wrote in message
I've never seen a Menard's.

JohnT.

I think that HD does carry better quality wood than menards. HD also
doesn't carry a lot of the "little things" menards does.

John

dave in Fairfax

Ron wrote
I guess I didn't know why Lowe's was closing out Delta tools until a earlier
today. The local store was moving a couple of JET table saws into the slots
previously occupied by Delta's.

I just ran down to the local one here and picked up the 12" Delta
BS for $197. It was the last one in any of the local stores.
Passes the nickel test, I'm a happy camper. Looks like my NY BIL
gets my old 9" Delta BS. The 14" BS wasn't on sale, darn it.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Joel Corwith

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message
There is something about Lowes I don't like, and can't quite put into

words.

I know of what you speak. They opened a brand new ACE right down the street
and I thought "GREAT" cause I was running 10-15 minutes to get to one.
First time I walked in the glare from the bright white floor and ceiling
made me want to run the other way.

Joel. phx