Eugene

Default Lowes Delta Clearance

Steve wrote:

Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

You can download them from their website in PDF format. Wonder why they are
clearing them out, going with a cheaper brand maybe?

Steve

Eugene wrote in message ...
Steve wrote:

Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

You can download them from their website in PDF format. Wonder why they are
clearing them out, going with a cheaper brand maybe?

Thanks, got the manual. Looking at the manual it appears I'm also
missing the knife changing wrench and a magnetic knife removal tool.
Anyone know if I'll really need these?

BTW, the tool dept guy at Lowes said most of the Delta and Porter
Cable stuff is being discontinued because the DeWalt company bought
out the Delta/PC company. I'm guessing the competition is being
eliminated for competing models. I'll be keeping an eye on Lowes for
more clearance bargains. I'll just need to expain to SWMBO how much
I'm 'saving'.
Steve
Edwin Pawlowski

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

Make sure you get a spare set of blades if they are discontinuing Delta
stuff. They have the best price on the blades, about $12 less than another
Wood named store that carries them.
Ed

Chad Bender

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:15:13 -0400, Steve wrote:

Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a Delta
13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the floor
model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to come in,
but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on clearance,
at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

When were you there? I was at my 'local' Lowes on Saturday, and didn't
see any Delta specials (I've been considering getting the same planer). If
they've implemented specials since Saturday, then it's probably worth my
while to drive down there. It is about 30 minutes though, so I'd rather
not make the trip if this 'clearance' has been going on for some time now.

Thanks for the info
Chad

Eugene

Steve wrote:

Eugene wrote in message
Steve wrote:

[...]

I'll bet the wrench is a stamped piece of steel that you would eventually
replace with a real wrench anyway and I'll bet that you could get a small
magnet on the end of one of those extender things to pick the blades.
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks, got the manual. Looking at the manual it appears I'm also
missing the knife changing wrench and a magnetic knife removal tool.
Anyone know if I'll really need these?

The knife changing wrench has a torx end. You'll do better with a real torx
driver anyway. The magnet thingy is nice to have as it holds the blade
while you take it in and out. I guess you can use any magnet. It is safer
on the fingers that way as those blades are SHARP. (or so I'm told ) You
can always call Delta for one.
Ed

the magnetic jig is really a piece of plastic with a magnet on the end,
really not necessary except it keeps your fingers away from the sharp blades
when changing them. If your shaky, wear gloves, it's just as good. The
blade wrench you could order from delta,(maybe tell them you just bought the
planer and it was missing) or just use an alan wrench (i can't remember the
size) the blades are as easy to change as advertised. the 22-580 is a
great machine for a benchtop.
"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Eugene wrote in message

Steve wrote:

[...]

Eric Yancey

The downtown Richmond, VA is also having the clearance. Good deals on a
couple of their lower end contractor's saws. I think their normal priced
$400 saw was going for a little over $200. Their 2 speed planer was around
$200 as well. I picked up their lower end hollow chicel mortiser for $129.
Not a bad deal, normally goes for around $200.

Eric

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

Steve

Chad Bender wrote in message ro.sunysb.eud...
[...]

Monday evening, happened to stop in some screws. Was told sale
started Sunday. The tool dept would probably let you know by phone.
Steve

patrick conroy

"Steve" wrote in message
m...

Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a

Most - but not all of the Delta stuff here was on clearance too.
Looks like the older models are targeted. The new triangle-shaped air
cleaner was not. Nor was the 4" belt/disc sander combo.

The MM300 (?model number?) mortiser was $99.

Paul Franklin

FYI...At least for my Lowes store, the clearance prices are on the web
page, and you can place an online order for pickup at the store with
no shipping charge.... www.lowes.com make sure you select your local
store.

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up!

Paul

Chad Bender

Monday evening, happened to stop in some screws. Was told sale started
Sunday. The tool dept would probably let you know by phone. Steve

Thanks. I think I'll have to stop in there tonight and hope there's
something left!

Chad
patrick conroy

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

The MM300 (?model number?) mortiser was $99.

Correction - $129 here.

Gary

I went to Blue Borg at lunch today. Just got back. I looked but didn't see
any great Delta bargains. I only saw the typical mix of returned
merchandise of various brands, (mostly those well used tools people "rent"
from Lowes by returning them for a refund after they've used them for the
project they were working on).

I did buy 3 sheets of 3/4 maple ply for $25 each. Each had a little damage
but at least 95% first quality.

Gary

Pat Barber

Where are you at ??? We never see the maple ply in the
Carolina's...

Gary wrote:

I did buy 3 sheets of 3/4 maple ply for $25 each.

Each had a little damage but at least 95% first quality.

Gary

Jim Bailey

!!GLOAT!!
Sorry to piggyback on Edwins post but I couldn't see steve's original.
I just got the last one in the store for $114.50 !!

jim bailey

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

Make sure you get a spare set of blades if they are discontinuing Delta
stuff. They have the best price on the blades, about $12 less than another
Wood named store that carries them.
Ed

Frank Williamson

Lowe's in Inverness, AL has one left in the box, plus the display. The
manager was surprised when mine rang up at $229, talking about how good a
deal that was. Their display was still marked $447.

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

Nick Bozovich

They also have the DP 400 Drill Press - 161/2" floor model.. It's called
"Shopmaster", as opposed to the "Industrial" model. But, for a hobbist like
me, it looks good enough. Their price is $229. It was normally $299. I
check some of the other on line sources, and they're showing as high as
$399.

The tool guy said they only had the display model, but they had one coming
in the next few days. Otherwise, it was an "order" item. Sounds like they
have them, but they're not going to stock the individual stores beyond one
or two.

Now, how to convice SWMBO.........

Nick B

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

patrick conroy

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message

Now, how to convice SWMBO.........

Piece o' cake! The Magic Words - "Half Off!".
Every SWMBO succumbs to the notion of a Sale...

Steve

(Tom M.) wrote in message . com...
(Steve) wrote in message om...
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a
Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the
floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to
come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on
clearance, at about half price.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?

Gloatfully yours,
Steve

Steve,

Just call the Delta customer service number (1-800-223-7278) and tell
them you bought a display unit and it was missing the spare knife set,
wrench, blade tool, manual, etc. They will send them to you free of
charge. I bought a display TP400LS planer a few weeks ago for $150
(missing all extra's, and also the handle screws), and they sent
everything except the stand, which comes with that model. They said
the stand was the store's responsibility, maybe because it's boxed
seperately...my guess. I got the parts shipped to my door about 4 days
later. Actually, she forgot to include the manual, but I guess I'll
just download it. Anyway, it's definately worth making the call...the
spare knife set alone is a $30 item.

Tom

Thanks Tom. The first rep I talked to in 'Parts' told me that they
don't give you missing parts for display models - but she'll sell them
to me. The second rep in 'Customer Service' said the same, but then
felt sorry for me and agreed to send me a free knife changing wrench.
I was tempted to try for the magnetic knife holder too but didn't want
to press my luck. BTW, I don't think the 22-580 comes with spare
knives.
Steve
Jim

BTW, I don't think the 22-580 comes with spare
knives.

Mine didn't.

Jim
www.woodblog.com

Chris Wood

In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

BTW, I don't think the 22-580 comes with spare
knives.

Mine didn't.

When I got mine (Summer 2002), it came with nothing extra. And I paid
$400 for it!

I had to order the dust collector attachment gizmo.

Later, they came with the dust collector and a spare set of knives
(IIRC).

I need to tune it up; the carriage is not exactly parallel to the table,
so boards that go through on the left side come out a little thinner
than boards that go through on the right. I cut a bunch of half lap
joints; the test pieces were perfect, the work pieces were off by up to
..010".

If you don't have a planer, I'd get this one, at this price. Sure, the
DeWalt 735 is newer, and not as tall, and has a third knife (and a third
speed?) But it's twice the money!

Jim
www.woodblog.com

Chris
--
Change 'there' to 'woh' to reply via email

Bob Davis

"Chris Wood" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

Later, they came with the dust collector and a spare set of knives
(IIRC).

The dust collector nozzle is still an extra cost purchase. I just bought
the planer and had to go buy the nozzle.. I've always heard how much of a
mess a planer can make. I guess I'll never know. This collector nozzle works
so well I don't even have to sweep after using the planer.

Bob