Old January 24th 21, 12:31 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Who Is Willing To Make This Cut?

On 23/01/2021 2:33 pm, Leon wrote:
On 1/22/2021 9:27 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:50:18 -0500, Bill wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

BTW...I'm was not especially surprised, considering the source: The Family
Handyman.

I had a subscription to that magazine long before the web was what it is
today. I was never very impressed with their ideas and methods.* Every
now and then a web search pops up a hit from the Family Handyman site,
and as you can see from that image, their staff/contributors still don't
have a clue.

I was going to make a post along those lines. I had a 2-year
subscription to Family Handyman 15 years ago and felt like I
"outgrew it" before it expired. The articles seemed "shallow".
No matter what you want to do, there has to be a better choice (of
magazine)!

I've not seen one. Maybe it's just me but I don't learn much about
woodworking from text (or audio).* It's too much of a hands-on and
visual hobby.* YouTube could be much better if the Youtubers weren't
so damned verbose.* Fifteen minutes of yakking before the power even
gets turned on.

YouTube does have some good stuff but jeez, like you said, the yacking.

[snip]

Yes indeed! You can increase the playback speed 2X and I've become an
expert at scrolling with mouse and arrow keys