Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Modifications to Porter Cable Dovetail Jig for consistent results

I struggled with the Porter Cable Dovetail Jig model 4212, because it would not give me consistent results in tightness of joint and alignment of pieces. With a few modifications to eliminate variation, I was able to get consistent results. I keep a dedicated router with the bit installed so that I can set up quickly and make a perfect fitting drawer on first try without any adjustments to the jig or router. Saves a lot of time.
Modifications are explained in this YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/hTRCSAM-YTk
I am interested in any other ideas to improve the Porter Cable Dovetail Jig

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...e-3081657-.htm