Gerald

Default Computer crashed

I got back from vacation and decided it was time to get back into the shop.
One project I wanted to do was to upgrade my cyclone unit and also replace
the bags on my old DC with filters. i went to my computer where I had
faithfully bookmarked the site of fellow wood workers who had the types of
filters I wanted to use only to find that the book marks were all gone. Can
anyone provide a link to anyone who used after market filters on their DC.
i have been to Bill Pentz's sight and want to find the others that I had
before. The type I am talking of is one where they used old deisel truck
filters and built a stack with a long threaded rod to hold the whole thing
together.
Also I like to look at others shops. Any links to them would be
appreciated.
TIA

Morris Dovey

Gerald wrote:

I got back from vacation and decided it was time to get back
into the shop. One project I wanted to do was to upgrade my
cyclone unit and also replace the bags on my old DC with
filters. i went to my computer where I had faithfully
bookmarked the site of fellow wood workers who had the types
of filters I wanted to use only to find that the book marks
were all gone. Can anyone provide a link to anyone who used
after market filters on their DC. i have been to Bill Pentz's
sight and want to find the others that I had before. The type
I am talking of is one where they used old deisel truck
filters and built a stack with a long threaded rod to hold the
whole thing together. Also I like to look at others shops.
Any links to them would be appreciated. TIA

Ouch! You might try a Google groups search to locate the filter
articles.

My shop isn't all that exciting; but you're welcome to browse
around http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto - There's a few visitors' links
to some of the less uninteresting photo pages.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Gerald

I should have mentioned that I did a google aready. I looked at "dust
collectors filters" I did a search of rec.woodworking for dust collectors,
dust systems and filters. I have looked at a bunch of sights and links but
have not found the one i remembered. Thanks for your link.
Nuttree
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Gerald wrote:

[...]

Morris Dovey

Gerald wrote:
I should have mentioned that I did a google aready. I looked at "dust
collectors filters" I did a search of rec.woodworking for dust collectors,
dust systems and filters. I have looked at a bunch of sights and links but
have not found the one i remembered. Thanks for your link.

I Googled rec.woodworking for "diesel filter" (without quotes)
and found this thread:

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3a940ee3%240%241514%2453a6afc1%40news.er inet.com&rnum=10&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Ddiesel%2Bfilter%2Bgroup:rec.woodworki ng%26hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_en%26ie%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3D3a940ee3%25240%25241514%2 52453a6afc1%2540news.erinet.com%26rnum%3D10

Watch for line wrap - hope this is what you recalled...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA