Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave jackson

Default lathe decisions!

Hi all. I'm a carpenter by trade and am looking to further my recreational
woodworking by purchasing a lathe. I currently own several old Delta and
several newer Jet tools which i absolutely love. It would seem a new Jet
lathe would be a no brainer, but i have a question i can't seem to find an
answer to anywhere else on the net. The lathe i purchase will more than
likely become a production tool when not being used for fun stuff, so i
would like to find a duplicator for it. I have seen duplicators for the
delta, but many of the reviews of the new delta lathes at amazon are more
negative towards delta's quality lately. The jet reviews are more promising,
but I dunno if there is a duplicator for the jet.(1446 or 1236). Anyone
have any suggestions? I'm also not against trying a new brand name as long
as it is a quality machine. Thanks, Dave

Lathe moved Paul Metalworking 10 March 12th 04 01:42 PM
FS: Sheldon WWII Army lathe and extras Keith Norman Metalworking 0 March 10th 04 10:47 PM
A Video for Beginners (a bit long) Fred Holder Woodturning 1 September 30th 03 09:37 PM
My $20 lathe (well, sort of...) Patrick H. Corrigan Woodworking 4 August 29th 03 02:29 AM