patriarch

"Dave jackson" wrote in
news
Hi all. I'm a carpenter by trade and am looking to further my
recreational woodworking by purchasing a lathe. I currently own
several old Delta and several newer Jet tools which i absolutely
love. It would seem a new Jet lathe would be a no brainer, but i have
a question i can't seem to find an answer to anywhere else on the net.
The lathe i purchase will more than likely become a production tool
when not being used for fun stuff, so i would like to find a
duplicator for it. I have seen duplicators for the delta, but many of
the reviews of the new delta lathes at amazon are more negative
towards delta's quality lately. The jet reviews are more promising,
but I dunno if there is a duplicator for the jet.(1446 or 1236).
Anyone have any suggestions? I'm also not against trying a new brand
name as long as it is a quality machine. Thanks, Dave

rec.crafts.woodturning might have more information for you....