Dave S

Default GENERAL INTERNATIONAL JOINTER

Anyone have any experience with the 6" GI Jointer"

Dave

Todd

Same as King ect. Made in Taiwan
"Dave S" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with the 6" GI Jointer"

Dave

JGS

Hi Dave,
I have one and like it. It came out of the box pretty much bang on.
After many many hundred board feet I had to adjust the gib screws to
true up the tables. No big deal. If the current ones come with the blade
setting jig that sets the blades in relation to the cutting head (as
opposed to the outfeed table) just throw that piece away. The GI model
sold by Rona appears to be a cheapened down model. In response to Todd's
comment, I haven't seen a King unit that is finished quite as well.
YMMV. Cheers, JG

Dave S wrote:

Anyone have any experience with the 6" GI Jointer"

Dave

BMR

I've had one for over a year and would recommend it. It has gone
through lots of hard maple.

I think (not positive) that FWW (?) gave them a very good review a
while back, which was a part of my decision process

No problems at all, good fit and finish. The manual left a bit to be
desired. In a conversation with the General Rep last year at the
Durham wood, he agreed and said they were fixing it.

If you are considering King, Marks Machinery here in Ottawa carries
both.

....R