Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rubberband gun in southern California?

🤣
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

Carrying a rubberband gun while black in Southern California is likely
to be fatal.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

I think they're illegal in Californica.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/5/2020 6:07 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

Carrying a rubberband gun while black in Southern California is likely
to be fatal.

FWIW for all deaths caused by confrontations with the police, 50% are
white men.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 6/5/2020 6:07 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

Carrying a rubberband gun while black in Southern California is likely
to be fatal.

FWIW for all deaths caused by confrontations with the police, 50% are
white men.

Yet, whites are 76% and blacks 13% of the US population, which indicates
that blacks are several times more likely to be killed by police on
a per-capita basis than whites.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/8/2020 2:41 PM, dpb wrote:
On 6/8/2020 1:17 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/8/2020 11:38 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 6/5/2020 6:07 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

Carrying a rubberband gun while black in Southern California is likely
to be fatal.

FWIW for all deaths caused by confrontations with the police, 50% are
white men.

Yet, whites are 76% and blacks 13% of the US population, which indicates
that blacks are several times more likely to be killed by police on
a per-capita basis than whites.

No that is incorrect, they are not more likely.Â* That statistic only
skews the appearance that blacks are more likely to be killed, which
they are not.
Every case is a new case so the likelihood starts over.Â* Blacks may be
more likely to be confronted by police, not killed.

I don't have time to look it up, but I'd be pretty certain the
conditional probability of being seriously injured or killed given being
stopped is higher for those of color.

--

I thought the same but a Harvard professor of color conducted a study
on this and was surprised that of those killed, when there is an

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/9/2020 12:13 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/8/2020 2:41 PM, dpb wrote:
On 6/8/2020 1:17 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Â*I thought the same but a Harvard professor of color conducted a study
on this and was surprised that of those killed, when there is an
altercation with a police officer, 50% were white and 26% were black,
IIRC.Â* I have seen this reference stated multiple times and never by a
white person.Â* The media blows this all out of proportion.

Fools come in all colors. IMHO if you are in contact with a police
officer, OBEY the officer to keep things civil. HE has the authority
which you do not. If he was in the wrong let your attorney take care of
the problem and live another day.

Still, no one should loose their life when in custody of a police
officer unless you some how pose an immediate threat to that offices life.

There are bad apples in EVERY group.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 12:13:57 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 6/8/2020 2:41 PM, dpb wrote:
On 6/8/2020 1:17 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/8/2020 11:38 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 6/5/2020 6:07 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

Carrying a rubberband gun while black in Southern California is likely
to be fatal.

FWIW for all deaths caused by confrontations with the police, 50% are
white men.

Yet, whites are 76% and blacks 13% of the US population, which indicates
that blacks are several times more likely to be killed by police on
a per-capita basis than whites.

No that is incorrect, they are not more likely.* That statistic only
skews the appearance that blacks are more likely to be killed, which
they are not.
Every case is a new case so the likelihood starts over.* Blacks may be
more likely to be confronted by police, not killed.

I don't have time to look it up, but I'd be pretty certain the
conditional probability of being seriously injured or killed given being
stopped is higher for those of color.

--

I thought the same but a Harvard professor of color conducted a study
on this and was surprised that of those killed, when there is an
altercation with a police officer, 50% were white and 26% were black,
IIRC. I have seen this reference stated multiple times and never by a
white person. The media blows this all out of proportion.

"The media blows this all out of proportion."

No, say it ain't so! This MUST be an accident.