Grant Erwin

Default Southern California used market

I just got back from a week in Long Beach. I had some time to myself on
the last day, so I looked at the local classifieds and went out and picked
up a nice little 10 cfm air dryer for $160 and a nice little 1/8-1/2" bandsaw
blade welder for $100. These prices are 20-30% of new, and the items were
lightly used. To a guy like me from the Seattle area, this is unheard-of.

My conclusion is that the supply of machinery-related items in the LA area
is so much greater that prices are cheaper there. I can't imagine why the
sellers didn't put these items on ebay, but there are still some people
who don't know how.

All in all, an interesting trip.

GWE
Gunner

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:56:56 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I just got back from a week in Long Beach. I had some time to myself on
the last day, so I looked at the local classifieds and went out and picked
up a nice little 10 cfm air dryer for $160 and a nice little 1/8-1/2" bandsaw
blade welder for $100. These prices are 20-30% of new, and the items were
lightly used. To a guy like me from the Seattle area, this is unheard-of.

My conclusion is that the supply of machinery-related items in the LA area
is so much greater that prices are cheaper there. I can't imagine why the
sellers didn't put these items on ebay, but there are still some people
who don't know how.

All in all, an interesting trip.

GWE

Ya should have called me and Id have given you directions to some of
my secret sources in the LB area.

Btw...it was, as usual, a pleasure to see you again.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"