Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rubberband gun in southern California?

On 6/8/2020 2:41 PM, dpb wrote:
On 6/8/2020 1:17 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/8/2020 11:38 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 6/5/2020 6:07 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:01:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

?

Carrying a rubberband gun while black in Southern California is likely
to be fatal.

FWIW for all deaths caused by confrontations with the police, 50% are
white men.

Yet, whites are 76% and blacks 13% of the US population, which indicates
that blacks are several times more likely to be killed by police on
a per-capita basis than whites.

No that is incorrect, they are not more likely.Â* That statistic only
skews the appearance that blacks are more likely to be killed, which
they are not.
Every case is a new case so the likelihood starts over.Â* Blacks may be
more likely to be confronted by police, not killed.

I don't have time to look it up, but I'd be pretty certain the
conditional probability of being seriously injured or killed given being
stopped is higher for those of color.

--

I thought the same but a Harvard professor of color conducted a study
on this and was surprised that of those killed, when there is an