Dave Combs

Default Cabinet refacing in southern California

Anyone have any experience with either Reborn Cabinets or Mr. Cabinet Care
in southern California.

Thanks

Dave

Jerry

No not specifically. I had my kitchen cabinets refaced about 8 years
ago. It took two tries. The first time, they used the peel and stick
veneering without first putting down a coat of contact cement on the
face frame. So after the finishing guy completed his job, the veneer
started peeling up all over. I raised hell with the contractor and
the owner came out and admitted that they did not use the contact
cement as they have should. So they tore off all of the veneer and did
it again and compensated my finishing guy to do the finishing again.

Since then, I have gotten into woodworking and have refaced my bathroom
vanities myself. I realized after they did the work how unskilled the
labor was doing the job and realized I could have done it myself for a
fraction of the money. You can buy doors and drawers almost anywhere
-- just measure and order.

Rock

No experience with them, but Quality Doors of Cewdar Hill TX makes a
well-constructed door, Their finishing process causes door damage,
so you will need to open the packaging and inspect each door for fit
and function before you take it home.

I have no problem with their veneer adhesive when applied per the
directions: the cabinets must be properly painted and scuffed by
sandpaper, and the veneer seems to be holding fine.

It's pretty easy to reface your own cabinets.

Rock