Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a pointy stick

I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 21:22:54 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

Will it fit into a pencil sharpener?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:

I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2EsWRSZYU4

HTH

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

Stick it in your eye? Hmm, I think I have something wrong here but I
can't put my finger on it...

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

For very large values of X it becomes entertaining.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:22:57 PM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

Consider these and we can morph this thread into another "What's the proper
glue?" discussion.

https://i.imgur.com/BgrMDDO.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 18:22:54 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:22:57 PM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

Consider these and we can morph this thread into another "What's the proper
glue?" discussion.

https://i.imgur.com/BgrMDDO.jpg

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...e-to-whittling

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/5/2020 5:22 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

First, catch a beaver.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:46:36 -0400, John McGaw wrote:

On 6/5/2020 5:22 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

First, catch a beaver.

That worked for Clinton's cigars.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/5/2020 8:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:22:57 PM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

Consider these and we can morph this thread into another "What's the proper
glue?" discussion.

https://i.imgur.com/BgrMDDO.jpg

Screw it! What's the point?
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:22:57 PM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

Consider these and we can morph this thread into another "What's the
proper glue?" discussion.

https://i.imgur.com/BgrMDDO.jpg

Do those things come in steel? It might be nice to get into some of those
tight spaces.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

John McGaw wrote in news:h%NCG.406350$yo4.101233
@fx48.iad:

On 6/5/2020 5:22 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

First, catch a beaver.

Have caught one. She found blunt stick in yard and used it to plant
onions.

Now what?

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/5/2020 4:22 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
I found a stick in my yard. How do I make it pointy?

At least this is better than the "thread died X years ago" threads.

About 5 years ago I posted directions and a picture of a stick I made to
prop my kitchen sink up. Look for that one. ;~)