Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slider sticking

When I slide the saw motor by pulling back or sliding in on its top rail, it
has a couple of rough spots. Just bought it and was wondering since it is 40
years old if it just needs a lot of lubrication constantly or if it is bent.
Has no evidence of being damaged.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ng-822435-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 1:14:04 PM UTC-5, Robert N Ontko wrote:
When I slide the saw motor by pulling back or sliding in on its top rail, it
has a couple of rough spots. Just bought it and was wondering since it is 40
years old if it just needs a lot of lubrication constantly or if it is bent.
Has no evidence of being damaged.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ng-822435-.htm

Before adding lubrication, I'd try some degreaser. Sometimes it's a combination of various species of gunk.

Small, Slider Type SPST "Slider" Switches: Reliability Of ? Robert11[_4_] Home Repair 7 April 2nd 18 03:13 PM
Garage door sticking after closed and in the direct sun. Sticking on the weather ripping. Sticky door Home Repair 1 May 30th 16 07:39 PM
Slider advice HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 15 September 16th 09 02:13 AM
Patio Slider Door Question? EvoDawg Home Repair 7 June 28th 05 04:54 AM
Odd slider size? R Thompson Home Repair 3 June 11th 05 03:57 AM