EvoDawg

Default Patio Slider Door Question?

Having trouble removing patio slider door to replace rollers in the bottom
of door. Usually you just pull up on the door to clear the bottom track and
angle the door out. This door is not clearing the track. Is there something
I'm missing?

Rich
--
*Remove "nospam" to email
"You can lead them to LINUX
Nick Plume

"EvoDawg" wrote
Having trouble removing patio slider door to replace rollers in the bottom
of door. Usually you just pull up on the door to clear the bottom track

and
angle the door out. This door is not clearing the track. Is there

something
I'm missing?

Are you sure you're clear of the stops in the top track (so door can't be
removed from the outside)? They are usually a nylon/rubber/or neoprene stop
with a screw run through the center. Maybe someone installed an extra stop
where it usually doesn't belong.

twfsa

On mine there is a strip of wood at the top held in by 5 wood screws, remove
the screws and the strip,( careful the door does not fall intowards you) the
top of the door will tilt in towards you, once its cleared the frame lift it
out of the frame.

Tom

"Nick Plume" [email protected] wrote in message

"EvoDawg" wrote
Having trouble removing patio slider door to replace rollers in the
bottom
of door. Usually you just pull up on the door to clear the bottom track

and
angle the door out. This door is not clearing the track. Is there

something
I'm missing?

Are you sure you're clear of the stops in the top track (so door can't be
removed from the outside)? They are usually a nylon/rubber/or neoprene
stop
with a screw run through the center. Maybe someone installed an extra
stop
where it usually doesn't belong.

CR

"EvoDawg" wrote in message
Having trouble removing patio slider door to replace rollers in the bottom
of door. Usually you just pull up on the door to clear the bottom track

and
angle the door out. This door is not clearing the track. Is there

something
I'm missing?

Rich
--
*Remove "nospam" to email
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Open the door most of the way, lift. If it still doesn't clear, adjust the
rollers up at both sides of the door with a screwdriver, i.e. lower the door
in the frame.

CR

EvoDawg

Nick Plume wrote:

"EvoDawg" wrote
Having trouble removing patio slider door to replace rollers in the

bottom
of door. Usually you just pull up on the door to clear the bottom track

and
angle the door out. This door is not clearing the track. Is there

something
I'm missing?

Are you sure you're clear of the stops in the top track (so door can't be
removed from the outside)? They are usually a nylon/rubber/or neoprene

stop
with a screw run through the center. Maybe someone installed an extra

stop
where it usually doesn't belong.

Thanks guys I will look for the areas you suggested and give it a try.

appreciate,
Rich

--
*Remove "nospam" to email
"You can lead them to LINUX

Luke

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:40:52 GMT, EvoDawg
wrote:

Having trouble removing patio slider door to replace rollers in the bottom
of door. Usually you just pull up on the door to clear the bottom track and
angle the door out. This door is not clearing the track. Is there something
I'm missing?

In addition to what others have said I've sometimes found it necessary
to use a flat blade screwdriver or a putty knife to lift the bottom
wheels up above the track.

--
Luke
"Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by
-- The Downing Street Memo, July 23, 2002
http://www.downingstreetmemo.com
Mikepier

I just replaced my rollers. I have an Andersen Perma Shield. Like the
other poster said, I have a wood strip on top held in with about 5-6
screws.
What I did is lock the door closed, then I lowered the wheels with the
adjusting screws. Then I removed the strip of wood on top ( with the
door locked closed, it should not fall in towards you). Then open the
door carefully and it should come out from the inside. But be prepared,
the door is heavy.

EvoDawg

Mikepier wrote:

I just replaced my rollers. I have an Andersen Perma Shield. Like the
other poster said, I have a wood strip on top held in with about 5-6
screws.
What I did is lock the door closed, then I lowered the wheels with the
adjusting screws. Then I removed the strip of wood on top ( with the
door locked closed, it should not fall in towards you). Then open the
door carefully and it should come out from the inside. But be prepared,
the door is heavy.

I got it done the problem was the damn adjusters were stripped from someone
else trying to get it out. I drilled them out, but then the rollers fell
into the track and made it even more difficult. but after about 2 hours I
figured it out and got it done. What a pain in the ass. The door works
great NOW !!!!

Rich

--
*Remove "nospam" to email