Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tree rats must die!!!

So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other
things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a
squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart
trap and a barrel of water is the solution. That and some copper
nickel coated braided sleeve. Warranty does not cover varmint damage,
but comprehensive will beyond $500 deductible.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2019 8:29 PM, Markem wrote:
So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other
things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a
squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart
trap and a barrel of water is the solution. That and some copper
nickel coated braided sleeve. Warranty does not cover varmint damage,
but comprehensive will beyond $500 deductible.

Yeah. Rodents can be a problem. I had something chew up the injector
harness on my old Dodge pickup and it cost a bit to set right. Just last
week I discovered that something, probably a chipmunk, and chewed up some
wiring on my utility trailer that I had just re-wired the year before. I
didn't have any metal braid but I did put on some heavy split plastic
sleeving that I had left over from a computer build to cover the more
exposed sections of wiring. Pulling the old wiring and splicing in the
replacement bits proved to be a really nasty job since the crappy imported
wiring was not really happy being soldered and I couldn't use regular
splices because of the way the wires ran through the frame.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 19:29:08 -0500, Markem
wrote:

So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other
things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a
squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart
trap and a barrel of water is the solution. That and some copper
nickel coated braided sleeve. Warranty does not cover varmint damage,
but comprehensive will beyond $500 deductible.

Mice ?

Tree rats are usually a bit smarter ..

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 21:08:03 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

[...]

A bit more info, seems the wire insulation is Soy based. So another
unintended consequence of Green based thinking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Markem" wrote in message

So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other
things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a
squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart
trap and a barrel of water is the solution. That and some copper
nickel coated braided sleeve. Warranty does not cover varmint damage,
but comprehensive will beyond $500 deductible.

Sounds familiar... A few years back a woodchuck chewed the wires on one of
the oxygen sensors in my car. It was the lower one and not readily visible.
The computer diagnostics were useless as it was throwing all kinds of random
codes. They tried another computer in the car but had the same results. It
was a $400+ car repair plus the cost of a new larger Havahart trap... In a
residential neighborhood where gun shots are legally frowned upon. The
woodchuck died regardless.