Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Tree rats must die!!!

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 21:08:03 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 6/22/2019 8:29 PM, Markem wrote:
So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other
things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a
squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart
trap and a barrel of water is the solution. That and some copper
nickel coated braided sleeve. Warranty does not cover varmint damage,
but comprehensive will beyond $500 deductible.

Yeah. Rodents can be a problem. I had something chew up the injector
harness on my old Dodge pickup and it cost a bit to set right. Just last
week I discovered that something, probably a chipmunk, and chewed up some
wiring on my utility trailer that I had just re-wired the year before. I
didn't have any metal braid but I did put on some heavy split plastic
sleeving that I had left over from a computer build to cover the more
exposed sections of wiring. Pulling the old wiring and splicing in the
replacement bits proved to be a really nasty job since the crappy imported
wiring was not really happy being soldered and I couldn't use regular
splices because of the way the wires ran through the frame.

A bit more info, seems the wire insulation is Soy based. So another
unintended consequence of Green based thinking.