Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

Default Water Based Lacquer vs Paint

Have built a storage cabinet that will be hanging on the wall in a
bathroom. Am now wondering what finish would be best. It will be black
so do I use tinted (black) water based lacquer or black paint with
varathene to top. Would prefer the lacquer because it would be spayed
on, where as the paint and varathene would be put on with a brush,
which is more time comsuming. All opinions wecome.

Vic
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 May 2019 12:27:27 -0400, wrote:

Have built a storage cabinet that will be hanging on the wall in a
bathroom. Am now wondering what finish would be best. It will be black
so do I use tinted (black) water based lacquer or black paint with
varathene to top. Would prefer the lacquer because it would be spayed
on, where as the paint and varathene would be put on with a brush,
which is more time comsuming. All opinions wecome.

Why not just use a black urethane and be done with it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to victorj, ColorLife wrote:
If I were doing this I would most likely use Pratt & Lambert's Aquanamel. It
behaves and holds up like a oil-base paint but can be cleaned up with soap and
water. It goes on smooth and sleek. It can also be sprayed if you have the
appropriate equipment.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...nt-821371-.htm