Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thread checker

A endmill takes some power to cut with. In a lathe one takes light cuts
at the correct
surface speed. A taig may not be enough mass to keep it working well.

I assume you have a tool post vice. And you are using the compound to
slot..... moving work into and away from the mill.

I have an 11x44 and it came with two precision chucks. It is a nice
Horse Power or so on it
and is oversized to stay cool. The ways are chrome which make it like
new. One of the
items I bought was a nice digital indicator.

Martin

On 1/1/2019 6:16 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in news
tubalcain has *3* full size lathes (he seems to prefer the
Craftsman Atlas for his smaller work). And it's hard to see how
you can have a lathe and not also have a mill... I mean, it's
like a natural pair... ; )

You can put an endmill in the lathe and use it as a mill, but it doesn't
seem to work all that well. At least it didn't on my little Taig. It
seems to me that milling on the lathe is more of a "checkbox" feature than
anything actually useful.

Puckdropper

Thread checker Bill[_91_] Woodworking 13 January 15th 19 12:14 AM
Thread checker John McGaw Woodworking 0 December 18th 18 03:43 PM
Continuity checker - where to buy? Blair UK diy 14 July 28th 05 01:58 PM
pinout for power to Mitutoyo Mini-Checker Adam Smith Metalworking 2 May 11th 05 09:06 PM
TV Checker/Service Aid via Commodore 64 Brad Electronics Repair 0 February 18th 05 12:32 PM