Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF ouch

Another reason to be careful at HF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8dba17d5a2a
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/16/2018 11:50 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Another reason to be careful at HF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8dba17d5a2a

I don't understand one statement in the story:
"Unfortunately, owners of these chain saws wont be getting a refund.
Rather, the company is asking people to return their chain saws to their
local Harbor Freight Tools stores in exchange for a new one, the
statement said."

Why unfortunate? You bought a chainsaw, you get a chainsaw. The author
may be one of those people that buy a tool at Home Depot and return it
after they use it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:31:37 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/16/2018 11:50 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Another reason to be careful at HF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8dba17d5a2a

I don't understand one statement in the story:
"Unfortunately, owners of these chain saws wont be getting a refund.
Rather, the company is asking people to return their chain saws to their
local Harbor Freight Tools stores in exchange for a new one, the
statement said."

Why unfortunate? You bought a chainsaw, you get a chainsaw. The author
may be one of those people that buy a tool at Home Depot and return it
after they use it.

I wonder what the author expects when one of his vehicles is subject to a recall. Does he
expect to get his money back?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 8:50:26 AM UTC-7, Gramps' shop wrote:
Another reason to be careful at HF

Thanks for the post. I own one of this "jewels". Going back on Monday.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

Another reason to be careful at HF
http://tinyurl.com/ycf2w9m7

Thanks for the post. I own one of this "jewels". Going back on Monday.
MJ

Mine is a HomeLite from Princess Auto - so I know for sure
that I am perfectly safe .. :-)
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/16/2018 10:50 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Another reason to be careful at HF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8dba17d5a2a

False news.

So when you something off, it turns off.... If the tool continues to
run, it is not really turned off, is it?

The reporter/story teller could have more accurately said, the switch
does not operate correctly.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Another reason to be careful at HF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8dba17d5a2a

False news.
So when you something off, it turns off.... If the tool continues to
run, it is not really turned off, is it?
The reporter/story teller could have more accurately said, the switch
does not operate correctly.

False News - the problem might be electrical trickle-leak -
causing a muscle-clamp in the trigger finger -
preventing release of the perfectly functional switch.
So there ! Let's have a Fox vs CNN battle !
.... duh.
Ass U Me ? both ? Yep !
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 May 2018 08:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

Another reason to be careful at HF

used a stihl once that was gas powered and the off switch would
not shut it off

only a full choke would make it shut off

the hf saw always shuts off for me

had a harder time with turning it on as the switch is designed in a way
that requires a very firm grip for it to go

but for the money it is a good saw and it is light enough to be used
with one hand for those hard to reach spots

does not have the gusto of gas but still good for yard work

Nailgun safety - ouch! Grunff UK diy 21 July 8th 04 04:04 AM
ouch! 25v dc leakage to DVD case The Real Andy Electronics Repair 4 June 29th 04 10:35 AM
Ouch P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 Woodworking 11 May 6th 04 07:16 PM
Read the Intro...Ouch! philski Woodworking 24 April 1st 04 04:53 PM
OUCH! Silvan Woodworking 18 January 15th 04 02:17 PM