Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pyrography or Pyrogravure

Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/10/18 5:53 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:
Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.

That's pretty awesome. I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 8:45:01 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
On 5/10/18 5:53 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:
Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.

That's pretty awesome. I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Yeah I lost Patience several times and got burned a few times too !
On this project and had to walk away. Even on the test samples.
50 hours possibly in one months time. I had to stop keeping track of my time and cut my losses.
One time tried it next time No way.
rick B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/10/2018 6:53 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:
Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.

Wow, lots of time, but sure is nice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.

Nice piece. Thanks for sharing. Not surprised about the time invested
in it. I've seen similar done by a couple woodturners. They've told me
it takes a lot of time, especially when you're just starting out.

I saw a few pieces done by a local (guild) turner at a local craft
show who said her five inch tea light holder she did was one of her
first pieces and she had 40 hours in the making of it. She ended up
selling that piece for $40, so a buck an hour. She said at least the
wood was free. She liked the look but not the time although she was
getting faster at it. She had several plates and a couple small bowls
and assorted candle holders doe that way. Guess she likes making it
enough to do that many.

I bought a tea light holder from her to give as a gift. Really
beautiful piece. I'm not into trying it myself ... yet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 6:53:40 PM UTC-4, Rick the antique guy wrote:
Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.

Here is the Good side I had to reproduce by the Original Artist

https://imgur.com/a/RzPdexw

rick B.