Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick the antique guy Rick the antique guy is offline

Default Pyrography or Pyrogravure

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 8:45:01 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
On 5/10/18 5:53 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:
Has anyone seen this kind of stuff
I had about 50 hours into this job
Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side
Needless to say I lost my shirt and gained thr knowlege that I don't want to do that as a living or hobby.

Everything other than the 3/4 face side was reproduced

https://imgur.com/a/qE9dbje
rick B.

That's pretty awesome. I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Yeah I lost Patience several times and got burned a few times too !
On this project and had to walk away. Even on the test samples.
50 hours possibly in one months time. I had to stop keeping track of my time and cut my losses.
One time tried it next time No way.
rick B.