Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Customer in Maui, Hawaii`

Well, this was out of the blue. A customer just gave me the go ahead to
build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass. And she lives in Maui.

And strangely enough she gave me the measurements and will be staining
the wood herself. Maple, and she apparently knows how to make that
work. And she will be drilling the 35mm holes for the Euro hinges. I
was shocked that she understood all of the woodworking terms and has
experience with this type work.

Anyway her daughter lives 3 houses down and she was visiting. So I feel
confident that I will actually collect. ;~) She will be back May 1.

Some of the products that I have build certainly gets around. About 5
years ago I built a model airplane display cabinet, for use at sales
conventions, for Volga Dnepr Airlines. That display is used world wide
and probably qualifies for frequent flier miles. :~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/4/2018 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue.Â* A customer just gave me the go ahead to
build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass.Â* And she lives in Maui.

And strangely enough she gave me the measurements and will be staining
the wood herself.Â* Maple, and she apparently knows how to make that
work.

Where was she last year when I was attempting to match a Fruitwood kind
of stain from existing cabinetry to a wine cabinet I was building for
the kids to match their kitchen cabinets? (Postscript: It turned out
great, got rave reviews from both the kids, their house guests and the
new buyers when they sold the damn condo 6 months after I installed it! )

And she will be drilling the 35mm holes for the Euro hinges.Â* I
was shocked that she understood all of the woodworking terms and has
experience with this type work.

Anyway her daughter lives 3 houses down and she was visiting.Â* So I feel
confident that I will actually collect.Â* ;~)Â* She will be back May 1.

Maybe you could give her a discount if she'd pay for personal delivery!

Some of the products that I have build certainly gets around.Â* About 5
years ago I built a model airplane display cabinet, for use at sales
conventions, for Volga Dnepr Airlines.Â* That display is used world wide
and probably qualifies for frequent flier miles.Â* :~)

I remember that job. Very impressive. Somewhat surprised that it was
only five years ago. Coulda sworn it was longer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/4/2018 3:06 PM, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue.Â* A customer just gave me the go ahead to
build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass.Â* And she lives in Maui.

If you are going to deliver them, be sure you get enough to cover the
bridge toll.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/4/18 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue.Â* A customer just gave me the go ahead to
build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass.Â* And she lives in Maui.

And strangely enough she gave me the measurements and will be staining
the wood herself.Â* Maple, and she apparently knows how to make that
work.Â* And she will be drilling the 35mm holes for the Euro hinges.Â* I
was shocked that she understood all of the woodworking terms and has
experience with this type work.

Anyway her daughter lives 3 houses down and she was visiting.Â* So I feel
confident that I will actually collect.Â* ;~)Â* She will be back May 1.

Some of the products that I have build certainly gets around.Â* About 5
years ago I built a model airplane display cabinet, for use at sales
conventions, for Volga Dnepr Airlines.Â* That display is used world wide
and probably qualifies for frequent flier miles.Â* :~)

Very cool! You should probably barter for housing and a tour guide
during a trip to the islands.
Non-natives get charged a lot more over there. A local friend could
really save you some money.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/4/2018 2:28 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/4/2018 3:06 PM, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue.Â* A customer just gave me the go ahead
to build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass.Â* And she lives in
Maui.

If you are going to deliver them, be sure you get enough to cover the
bridge toll.

Are there points to fill up on the way? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/4/2018 7:43 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/4/18 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Very cool!Â*Â* You should probably barter for housing and a tour guide
during a trip to the islands.
Non-natives get charged a lot more over there.Â* A local friend could
really save you some money.

She will be back in May and will probably UPS them herself.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2:07:10 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue. A customer just gave me the go ahead to
build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass. And she lives in Maui.

A tag team a project! In partial payment, ask her to please send pics of the finished windows. Not putting YOU off, as we already know of your good work, we wanna see her good work, too. I'm wondering if they will have a Hawaiian theme.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/5/2018 8:52 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2:07:10 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue. A customer just gave me the go ahead to
build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass. And she lives in Maui.

A tag team a project! In partial payment, ask her to please send pics of the finished windows. Not putting YOU off, as we already know of your good work, we wanna see her good work, too. I'm wondering if they will have a Hawaiian theme.

Sonny

I have to remember to do that. ;~)