Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A Customer in Maui, Hawaii`

On 4/4/2018 7:43 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/4/18 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:
Well, this was out of the blue.Â* A customer just gave me the go ahead
to build 6 cabinet doors to receive stained glass.Â* And she lives in
Maui.

And strangely enough she gave me the measurements and will be staining
the wood herself.Â* Maple, and she apparently knows how to make that
work.Â* And she will be drilling the 35mm holes for the Euro hinges.Â* I
was shocked that she understood all of the woodworking terms and has
experience with this type work.

Anyway her daughter lives 3 houses down and she was visiting.Â* So I
feel confident that I will actually collect.Â* ;~)Â* She will be back
May 1.

Some of the products that I have build certainly gets around.Â* About 5
years ago I built a model airplane display cabinet, for use at sales
conventions, for Volga Dnepr Airlines.Â* That display is used world
wide and probably qualifies for frequent flier miles.Â* :~)

Very cool!Â*Â* You should probably barter for housing and a tour guide
during a trip to the islands.
Non-natives get charged a lot more over there.Â* A local friend could
really save you some money.

She will be back in May and will probably UPS them herself.