Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The UPS arrived

I was talking to my son-in-law a few days ago, about things wood working and discussing his plans for his new shop (20x24, raised floor, 2x8 flooring, 20v wiring, lighting, heat and a/c - new everything ).

I telling him I have been out of my shop for over a month due to some events in a friend's life, events in my life and the cold (no heat in the shop). During the conversation I mentioned I was looking for a set of plans for a chain driven, twin screw, vise. I went on to say if I did not find any plans, I would just work it up myself. After all, how hard could it be, right ?

We had to make a run to the doctor yesterday afternoon, when we got home, UPS had paid a visit. They left a small package from Amazon, that I was expecting. They also left this large and heavy box from Lee Valley. Yep, a brand new Lee Valley twin screw, chain driven, vise.

I asked my daughter about it and she kinda giggled and said, "Merry Christmas"

You know, I just might want to keep him around.m ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/10/2018 10:09 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
[...]

Wow! Great sunrise! It could'a been underwear.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:55:25 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[...]

Cross-apply some of the product description .. :-)
... I like my underwaer :
: non-racking full-width
: equalize pressure on slightly out-of-square work
: capacity equal to the length of your bench
: Do not install the spacer any higher than the bottom
: a small opening to allow access
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/10/2018 11:55 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/10/2018 10:09 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
I was talking to my son-in-law a few days ago, about things wood
working and discussing his plans for his new shop (20x24, raised
floor, 2x8 flooring, 20v wiring, lighting, heat and a/c -Â* new
everything ).

I telling him I have been out of my shop for over a month due to some
events in a friend's life, events in my life and the cold (no heat in
the shop).Â*Â* During the conversation I mentioned I was looking for a
set of plans for a chain driven, twin screw, vise.Â* I went on to say
if I did not find any plans, I would just work it up myself.Â* After
all, how hard could it be, right ?

We had to make a run to the doctor yesterday afternoon, when we got
home, UPS had paid a visit.Â* They left a small package from Amazon,
that I was expecting.Â* They also left this large and heavy box from
Lee Valley.Â* Yep, a brand new Lee Valley twin screw, chain driven, vise.

I asked my daughter about it and she kinda giggled and said, "Merry
Christmas"

You know, I just might want to keep him around.m ;-)

Wow!Â* Great sunrise!Â* It could'a been underwear.

If you are thinking of shipping me underwear that heavy, you can keep it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Kraus wrote in
:

If you are thinking of shipping me underwear that heavy, you can keep
it.

What if they're lead lined with two giant ball bearings for your next trip
through airport persecution?

Just don't wear them if you have to get an MRI.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:09:30 -0800 (PST)
"Dr. Deb" wrote:

that I was expecting. They also left this large and heavy box from
Lee Valley. Yep, a brand new Lee Valley twin screw, chain driven,
vise.

nice gift

be careful though as it is possible to have a vise that is too big for
the bench

you have to not only consider the vise weight but the vise plus the
biggest thing you might place in the vise

.....also possible to have a vice too big but that is a different
newsgroup