Posted to rec.woodworking

Default adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2017 11:59 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Use a urethane adhesive. I don't recall the brand I used but I built a
stone wall with it about 10 years ago. Local hardware store had it in a
caulking gun cartridge. Loctite makes one too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:59:56 AM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Does this sound (and look) familiar?

the best thing to do is go to a local supplier and not a big box
and talk to informed staff about your application

or research it yourself

doing both is best
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2017 3:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/27/2017 11:59 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Use a urethane adhesive.Â* I don't recall the brand I used but I built a
stone wall with it about 10 years ago.Â* Local hardware store had it in a
caulking gun cartridge.Â* Loctite makes one too.

Maybe Butel, fills gaps well and remains pliable years later but pretty
messy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:01:29 -0500
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Use a urethane adhesive. I don't recall the brand I used but I built
a stone wall with it about 10 years ago. Local hardware store had it
in a caulking gun cartridge. Loctite makes one too.

found one that is waterproof too

loctite was not waterproof but was recommended
alothough they do make a waterproof product there was none and usually
they do have at marine supply

waterproof was not a complete necessity but good to have and not much
more

both brands stay flexible

forget the brand sika i think

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:59:53 -0800
Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

some products will be formulated to work with a lot of different
materials

some will specify concrete and masonry and i found out that if
the do not specify concrete and only masonry you need to find
one that specifies concrete

concrete remains reactive whereas masonry is pretty much inert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

some products will be formulated to work with a lot of different
materials

some will specify concrete and masonry and i found out that if
the do not specify concrete and only masonry you need to find
one that specifies concrete

concrete remains reactive whereas masonry is pretty much inert

Now he's talking to himself. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

some products will be formulated to work with a lot of different
materials

some will specify concrete and masonry and i found out that if
the do not specify concrete and only masonry you need to find
one that specifies concrete

concrete remains reactive whereas masonry is pretty much inert

Now he's talking to himself. ;-)

So don't confuse him with the facts!