DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/600825-adhesive-mud-sill-concrete-slab.html)

Electric Comet November 27th 17 04:59 PM

adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Ed Pawlowski November 27th 17 09:01 PM

On 11/27/2017 11:59 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Use a urethane adhesive. I don't recall the brand I used but I built a
stone wall with it about 10 years ago. Local hardware store had it in a
caulking gun cartridge. Loctite makes one too.

DerbyDad03 November 27th 17 09:05 PM

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 11:59:56 AM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Does this sound (and look) familiar?

the best thing to do is go to a local supplier and not a big box
and talk to informed staff about your application

or research it yourself

doing both is best

Leon[_7_] November 27th 17 11:18 PM

On 11/27/2017 3:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/27/2017 11:59 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood

Use a urethane adhesive.Â* I don't recall the brand I used but I built a
stone wall with it about 10 years ago.Â* Local hardware store had it in a
caulking gun cartridge.Â* Loctite makes one too.

Maybe Butel, fills gaps well and remains pliable years later but pretty
messy.

Electric Comet November 28th 17 08:24 PM

adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:01:29 -0500
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Use a urethane adhesive. I don't recall the brand I used but I built
a stone wall with it about 10 years ago. Local hardware store had it
in a caulking gun cartridge. Loctite makes one too.

found one that is waterproof too

loctite was not waterproof but was recommended
alothough they do make a waterproof product there was none and usually
they do have at marine supply

waterproof was not a complete necessity but good to have and not much
more

both brands stay flexible

forget the brand sika i think

Electric Comet November 30th 17 11:31 PM

adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:59:53 -0800
Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

some products will be formulated to work with a lot of different
materials

some will specify concrete and masonry and i found out that if
the do not specify concrete and only masonry you need to find
one that specifies concrete

concrete remains reactive whereas masonry is pretty much inert

DerbyDad03 December 1st 17 12:50 AM

Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

some products will be formulated to work with a lot of different
materials

some will specify concrete and masonry and i found out that if
the do not specify concrete and only masonry you need to find
one that specifies concrete

concrete remains reactive whereas masonry is pretty much inert

Now he's talking to himself. ;-)

[email protected] December 1st 17 03:25 AM

adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab

Electric Comet wrote:

what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and
concrete slab

some products will be formulated to work with a lot of different
materials

some will specify concrete and masonry and i found out that if
the do not specify concrete and only masonry you need to find
one that specifies concrete

concrete remains reactive whereas masonry is pretty much inert

Now he's talking to himself. ;-)

So don't confuse him with the facts!