Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I believe this may qualify as a "You Suck!"

Here goes. I went to an estate sale in Wonder Lake that was advertising
Festool, Porter-Cable, Delta, etc. among the other goodies.

It was a one-day sale and I hit it early afternoon hoping to find a
"half price" sign posted to ensure everything cleared out. No such luck.

Prices weren't that great but I did find a nice 14" x20" molded plastic
cabinet with bin type drawers loaded to the gills with Kreg pocket
screws of both threadings, various sizes, etc. Has to be at least $60
worth along with some other small fasteners of various types and sizes
including with drawer with probably 100 different picture hanging items.
$20? Sold!

I walked into the separate third bay of the garage and what do I find
that catches my eye?

A Jessem Rout-R-Table Stand
A Jessem Table with Mast-R-Life Excel
A Jessem Mast-R-Fence
A Jessem Mite-R-Slide
A Porter-Cable 7518 3¼hp, multi-speed router (with the base included)
A Jessem Remote Switch
All sitting on a mobile base.

All of it is in pretty much like-new, slightly used condition, along
with all the manuals.

I couldn't believe that they were asking only $800 for it the way
everything else was priced. However, a bargain hunter never caves that
easily. I offered them $500 and loaded it in the van.

A friend recently bought almost the exact same setup (his has the
digital readout which, I think, adds about $120 as an accessory) for
right around $2,500.

So? How badly does this suck?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Here goes.Â* I went to an estate sale in Wonder Lake that was advertising
Festool, Porter-Cable, Delta, etc. among the other goodies.

It was a one-day sale and I hit it early afternoon hoping to find a
"half price" sign posted to ensure everything cleared out.Â* No such luck.

Prices weren't that great but I did find a nice 14" x20" molded plastic
cabinet with bin type drawers loaded to the gills with Kreg pocket
screws of both threadings, various sizes, etc.Â* Has to be at least $60
worth along with some other small fasteners of various types and sizes
including with drawer with probably 100 different picture hanging items.
Â*$20?Â* Sold!

I walked into the separate third bay of the garage and what do I find
that catches my eye?

A Jessem Rout-R-Table Stand
A Jessem Table with Mast-R-Life Excel
A Jessem Mast-R-Fence
A Jessem Mite-R-Slide
A Porter-Cable 7518 3¼hp, multi-speed router (with the base included)
A Jessem Remote Switch
All sitting on a mobile base.

All of it is in pretty much like-new, slightly used condition, along
with all the manuals.

I couldn't believe that they were asking only $800 for it the way
everything else was priced.Â* However, a bargain hunter never caves that
easily.Â* I offered them $500 and loaded it in the van.

A friend recently bought almost the exact same setup (his has the
digital readout which, I think, adds about $120 as an accessory) for
right around $2,500.

So?Â* How badly does this suck?

Thoroughly! Like a Hoover vacuum.
Even if you didn't want/need any of it, you could sell it and easily
double what you paid.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Unquestionably Confused, Iggy wrote:
Sucks pretty bad, to be him. But, he has warranties and you probably don't.
Not that it should be an issue and not that the warranties are anything
meaningful...yours has been tested and proven to be trouble-free. However,
you're extremely lucky to have been able to get your setup at all. Around me,
any Yard/Estate/Garage sale that even hints at tools is flooded with guys who
are willing to bid the price up, there's no getting out under the asking
price. Lie to your friend next time, to make them feel like they beat you...it
keeps them from becoming your competition in the future.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ck-811524-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 9:47:43 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
[...]

I'll give you $600 for the lot and we'll call it a win-win. Deal?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/23/2017 11:45 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 9:47:43 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
Here goes. I went to an estate sale in Wonder Lake that was advertising

[snip]

A Jessem Rout-R-Table Stand
A Jessem Table with Mast-R-Life Excel
A Jessem Mast-R-Fence
A Jessem Mite-R-Slide
A Porter-Cable 7518 3¼hp, multi-speed router (with the base included)
A Jessem Remote Switch
All sitting on a mobile base.

All of it is in pretty much like-new, slightly used condition, along
with all the manuals.

I couldn't believe that they were asking only $800 for it the way
everything else was priced. However, a bargain hunter never caves that
easily. I offered them $500 and loaded it in the van.

A friend recently bought almost the exact same setup (his has the
digital readout which, I think, adds about $120 as an accessory) for
right around $2,500.

So? How badly does this suck?

I'll give you $600 for the lot and we'll call it a win-win. Deal?

LOL! Now THAT would really suck, wouldn't it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 08:47:27 -0500
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

So? How badly does this suck?

only a good deal if you make stuff with it

anyone can acquire

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 08:47:27 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

[...]

You sucketh the most!

A friend recently bought almost the exact same setup (his has the
digital readout which, I think, adds about $120 as an accessory) for
right around $2,500.

Um, pretty much.

So? How badly does this suck?

[ . . . . /]
S U C K

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 15:47:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 6:41:05 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 08:47:27 -0500
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

So? How badly does this suck?

only a good deal if you make stuff with it

anyone can acquire

what a dick

yeah speaking of sucking
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24/10/2017 12:47 @wiz, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
Here goes.Â* I went to an estate sale in Wonder Lake that was advertising
Festool, Porter-Cable, Delta, etc. among the other goodies.
So?Â* How badly does this suck?

No one can hear sounds in a vacuum...
(I was immediately reminded of the vacuum of space!)