Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default I believe this may qualify as a "You Suck!"

Here goes. I went to an estate sale in Wonder Lake that was advertising
Festool, Porter-Cable, Delta, etc. among the other goodies.

It was a one-day sale and I hit it early afternoon hoping to find a
"half price" sign posted to ensure everything cleared out. No such luck.

Prices weren't that great but I did find a nice 14" x20" molded plastic
cabinet with bin type drawers loaded to the gills with Kreg pocket
screws of both threadings, various sizes, etc. Has to be at least $60
worth along with some other small fasteners of various types and sizes
including with drawer with probably 100 different picture hanging items.
$20? Sold!

I walked into the separate third bay of the garage and what do I find
that catches my eye?

A Jessem Rout-R-Table Stand
A Jessem Table with Mast-R-Life Excel
A Jessem Mast-R-Fence
A Jessem Mite-R-Slide
A Porter-Cable 7518 3¼hp, multi-speed router (with the base included)
A Jessem Remote Switch
All sitting on a mobile base.

All of it is in pretty much like-new, slightly used condition, along
with all the manuals.

I couldn't believe that they were asking only $800 for it the way
everything else was priced. However, a bargain hunter never caves that
easily. I offered them $500 and loaded it in the van.

A friend recently bought almost the exact same setup (his has the
digital readout which, I think, adds about $120 as an accessory) for
right around $2,500.

So? How badly does this suck?