Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How a $300,000 Speaker is Made

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/5/2017 7:45 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

I thought they were elected to office

--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/5/2017 3:17 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

or

One from 40+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!"Â*Â* ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

or

One from 40+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

And something really unexpected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPz0uLZfZ1M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:
Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

That was *very good* playing! : ) My point was that a $500 guitar might
sound better than $300,000 speakers. There was a poster at
rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic, now basically defunct, who frequently
wrote, "Shut up, and go play your guitar!". So I sort of stole his
line, but, lacking motivation to spend $300,000 on a speaker (is that
for a pair?), it felt like an appropriate reply. : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

or

One from 40+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

Although I find the intro to be a little bit "notey" (with repeated
listening), I really like this one: Louis & Clark, by Tommy Emmanuel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1pS_6hErDA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:07:02 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

That was *very good* playing! : ) My point was that a $500 guitar might
sound better than $300,000 speakers. There was a poster at
rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic, now basically defunct, who frequently
wrote, "Shut up, and go play your guitar!". So I sort of stole his
line, but, lacking motivation to spend $300,000 on a speaker (is that
for a pair?), it felt like an appropriate reply. : )

Hey, the guy is doing a find job of fleecing his marks. More power to
him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!"Â*Â* ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

or

One from 40+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

And something really unexpected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPz0uLZfZ1M

You want guitars? You get guitars:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgQ7IYhvRg
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!"Â*Â* ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

or

One from 40+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

And something really unexpected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPz0uLZfZ1M

You want guitars? You get guitars:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgQ7IYhvRg

factoid: Ludwig van Beethoven sold twice as many albums during his
lifetime than JS Bach. ;-D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill writes:
Spalted Walt wrote:
Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!" ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

That was *very good* playing! : ) My point was that a $500 guitar might
sound better than $300,000 speakers. There was a poster at
rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic, now basically defunct, who frequently
wrote, "Shut up, and go play your guitar!". So I sort of stole his
line, but, lacking motivation to spend $300,000 on a speaker (is that
for a pair?), it felt like an appropriate reply. : )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_Up_'n_Play_Yer_Guitar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wX65iSZTI7E?autoplay=1

"Oswalds Mill Audio makes $300,000 speakers from wood like ash,
cherry, and walnut-plus slate and special cast iron. The sound
quality is as good as the materials."

Not taking anything away from their artistic enterprise, but "Go play
yer guitar!"Â*Â* ; )

Sorry, Bill but "this'll have to do fer now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

or

One from 40+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

And something really unexpected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPz0uLZfZ1M

You want guitars? You get guitars:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgQ7IYhvRg

No, I was pointing more to this many guys playing guitars in a small
crowded boat in a swamp. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_Up_'n_Play_Yer_Guitar

Thanks Scott, I'll have to follow up on that!

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-09-06, Bill wrote:

Scott Lurndal wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_Up_'n_Play_Yer_Guitar

Thanks Scott, I'll have to follow up on that!

I'd rather play my banjo.

I'm contemplating making my own. A friend has a pretty elaborate wood
shop and will allow me to turn a 11" pot (rnd banjo body) on his 11-1/2"
wood lathe. I reiterate, he will ALLOW ME --IOW, ain't gonna do it for
me!-- to use his lathe. Cool enough.

While I've not used a wood lathe since I was in the 8th grade, I usta
be a prototype machinist, so get the drift of a lathe. Besides, I
suspect my buddy will be "micro-magaging" the crap outta me while
steadily looking over my shoulder. (I damn sure hope so!)

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

notbob wrote:
I'd rather play my banjo.

I'm contemplating making my own. A friend has a pretty elaborate wood
shop and will allow me to turn a 11" pot (rnd banjo body) on his 11-1/2"
wood lathe.

Hi nb,

An interest in banjo making ("minstrel" style) preceeded me finding this
group in the first place (I started realizing I didn't know as much
about working wood as I thought I did, and thought I better get on
it). Anyway, I just wanted to mention that the pots are usually not
turned, the wood is "steamed" and bent around a jig and clamped. The
grain will be working "for you" this way, instead of against you. If
you did as you described it would probably not take long for the pot to
split in two, unless perhaps you left the "back" on it (and I can't
really see why you would). I understand that the hard part of steam
bending can be accomplished with a piece of PVC tubing large enough to
hold the piece of wood. There is probably a YouTube video. Have you got
a design for your banjo?

Cheers,
Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill writes:
Scott Lurndal wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_Up_'n_Play_Yer_Guitar

Thanks Scott, I'll have to follow up on that!

Frank was a gifted musician. His son is a pretty
good player, as well.

Electro Voice Sx 300 speaker N_Cook Electronics Repair 5 November 21st 10 09:43 AM
545 vs 300,000,000 Richard W. Metalworking 33 August 26th 09 02:04 PM
Lincoln Idealarc TIG 300/300 VERSUS HOBART CYBERTIG CT300 knowone Metalworking 6 March 17th 06 06:39 PM
IDEALARC 300/300 knowone Metalworking 26 March 5th 06 04:00 AM
Idealarc 300/300 Need Help - Triping Breaker Noble Metalworking 4 March 1st 06 02:40 PM