Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Nailshooter

Well it looks like you can afford to use Festool on the job site, if
you relocate to Europe. :~)

Check the third paragraph.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/18/2017 4:26 PM, Leon wrote:
Well it looks like you can afford to use Festool on the job site, if
you relocate to Europe. :~)

Check the third paragraph.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

That is quite a statement and pride in their products.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 3:27:11 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Well it looks like you can afford to use Festool on the job site, if
you relocate to Europe. :~)

Check the third paragraph.

That's a helluva thing. It would be a very powerful incentive to purchase the neon green if they would protect you against theft. My own favorite tools for my personal use don't see the job much as I don't want to take a chance on losing them or seeing them abused. If I was a utility service guy that didn't have employees or a group of people on my jobs and lived there in Europe, I would buy some Festool, no doubt. There is nothing like the feeling of being out on a job and having 100% confidence in your tools and the ability to use them.

I have an eye peeled for that job that "requires" me to purchase the big track saw. I drooled all over Karl's when he showed it to me. After looking at the quality of cuts and the ease of operation, I immediately saw the potential of an on site cabinet operation for carcasses, shelving, etc. I have seen many a table saw that couldn't cut that well.

Wasn't there a tool company that had theft protection for the first year of ownership here in the States?

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 4:27:11 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
Well it looks like you can afford to use Festool on the job site, if
you relocate to Europe. :~)

Check the third paragraph.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

I wonder how many people steal their own tools.

I wonder how many times you can take advantage of that warranty.

I wonder how much you can get on the secondary market for the tools that you stole
from yourself multiple times. That sure would make them more affordable. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 4:27:11 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
Well it looks like you can afford to use Festool on the job site, if
you relocate to Europe. :~)

Check the third paragraph.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

I wonder how many people steal their own tools.

I wonder how many times you can take advantage of that warranty.

"Take advantage" of it just once, and you would be guilty of fraud. : )
p.s. I know you are just joking.

I wonder how much you can get on the secondary market for the tools that you stole
from yourself multiple times. That sure would make them more affordable. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:21:36 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I wonder how many people steal their own tools.

I wonder how many times you can take advantage of that warranty.

I wonder how much you can get on the secondary market for the tools that you stole
from yourself multiple times. That sure would make them more affordable. ;-)

I know that was tongue in cheek, but inquiring minds...

The highlights are that you must immediately report the theft to the police/constabulary, then submit the paperwork to Festool withing 5 days.

You pay a fee/tax/deductible/penalty of 100 euros, and you get a new tool. The new tool does not have theft protection.

I am sure there is some kind of exculpatory language that allows Festool to get out of any agreements if they find an abuser. That being said, it is still an outstanding warranty item to offer.

Robert