Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leon, question on your bedframe drawer case.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Leon, Once your stuff is seen it cannot be unseen from memory.

Here is the last bed frame case you did. On this one it looks like you
installed a false drawer front where the nightstand is. Did you hinge
it for access?

#2 on your personal bed casing, captain style or whatever. It looks
like you have a "hidden drawer" in the center. Am I correct? and is
the purpose long term storage and keeping the exterior drawer shallow
enough, say 20" so that they can be fully opened if a dresser or Chest
of Drawers were nearby and yet still be pulled out for access to the
center drawer?

#3 Did you put a piece of masonite, or thin plywood under the drawers
to prevent things like mice coming up, or something falling out of a
drawer?

#4 is the top plywood easily removable?

#5 on your bed it looks like you have a metal strap going around the
toe kick piece, if it is, why?

#6 took a good look at your mounting to the head and foot board, NICE!

# 7 is it suitable for a California King size bed?

Reason for asking, in shopping for a mattress and possible adjustable
bed base one vendor has something similar but only two drawers per
side and it was covered in gray cloth material, like a box frame might
have. It was ok, but 800 bucks for it with a roll around bed frame
under that. Max of 1/2 in sides on the drawer, and it got me to
thinking of all the lost room in the center of the bed. and no access
to the space near the head board. So I looked up your old posts found
the link to the pic above, and I am so very glad you left it up there.
Plus right about now I was wishing you were not that far away. I
just might use the old bed frame for now, and make the case after I
can get to the Kitchen cabinets. Sure wish I had Mac's new workshop
area.