Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Nailshooter

Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty
clean and no dust at all.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...c05c6eecb92632
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty
clean and no dust at all.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...ter_s?utm_sour
ce=newsletter&utm_content=Video&utm_medium=email&u tm_campaign=TOTT_040417%
20(1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632

Cool tool! (cleaner links):

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...ement-cutter_s
or: https://youtu.be/M00iJ8DoWzY

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 5:45:09 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty
clean and no dust at all.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...c05c6eecb92632

Whoa... I wonder when that will hit the market? I looked around and couldn't find anyone selling it. That could be a real game changer for a couple of reasons.

First, it is almost impossible to cut prefinished siding without scratching the paint/finish. If you cut it face side up, the shears scratch the face.. If you cut the siding face down, you scuff the paint by dragging it across the horses/cutting table that has bits of siding to scratch the surface. Sliding it in and shearing it face up takes that out of the equation.

Second, you could build a cutting stand around the stand like you do with a miter saw. Mark the material, run it up to the cutting reference marks, whack it off and done. Think of the speed... that aspect is huge. They say it won't cut more/less than a 4/12 slope, but when thinking about it, most of my retro installs are on ranch type houses of low slope somewhere in that area, so it would work fine. And of course, on these nasty tudor style roofs of high slopes, that would work fine.

And of course, no dust. Just a large job site trash can to catch the cutoffs. Sweet!

Where in the world did you find that?
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty
clean and no dust at all.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...ter_s?utm_sour
ce=newsletter&utm_content=Video&utm_medium=email&u tm_campaign=TOTT_040417%
20(1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632

Cool tool! (cleaner links):

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...ement-cutter_s
or: https://youtu.be/M00iJ8DoWzY

Note that similar tools without the angle adjustment are available on
Amazon right now in the same general price range (look for "Bullet Tools
Shear"--they have several models).

Also, it's hard to run the price of a hand-held power shear up to 600
bucks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/5/2017 2:09 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 5:45:09 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty
clean and no dust at all.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...c05c6eecb92632

Whoa... I wonder when that will hit the market? I looked around and
couldn't find anyone selling it. That could be a real game changer
for a couple of reasons.

The Asian guy said June maybe July IIRC.

[...]

I wonder if that thing would cut laminate flooring too?

Where in the world did you find that?

I subscribe to a trades magazine, Tools of the Trade. If you want, I
can forward the e-mail that I get about once a week. It has all kinds
of information like this plus industry laws, etc. It's Free, IIRC I
also got the snail mail version for a while.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/5/2017 6:58 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty
clean and no dust at all.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...ter_s?utm_sour
ce=newsletter&utm_content=Video&utm_medium=email&u tm_campaign=TOTT_040417%
20(1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632

Cool tool! (cleaner links):

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/video...ement-cutter_s
or: https://youtu.be/M00iJ8DoWzY

Note that similar tools without the angle adjustment are available on
Amazon right now in the same general price range (look for "Bullet Tools
Shear"--they have several models).

Also, it's hard to run the price of a hand-held power shear up to 600
bucks.

I'm thinking that any shear of this type is going to be better than a
hand held power shear or circular saw, Less debris/dust, less damage to
painted surface, straighter cut/accuracy, and faster. If you make a
living doing this type work the $699.00 might pay for it self quickly
especially given the fact that you can set it up most anywhere, no dust,
no electricity needed. Its own built in stand would be a plus for the
one in the video.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 8:16:14 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I wonder if that thing would cut laminate flooring too?

It didn't say, but many of these shears will.

I subscribe to a trades magazine, Tools of the Trade. If you want, I
can forward the e-mail that I get about once a week. It has all kinds
of information like this plus industry laws, etc. It's Free, IIRC I
also got the snail mail version for a while.

Would love it! You have my address. Much appreciated.

I'm thinking that any shear of this type is going to be better than a
hand held power shear or circular saw, Less debris/dust, less damage to
painted surface, straighter cut/accuracy, and faster. If you make a
living doing this type work the $699.00 might pay for it self quickly
especially given the fact that you can set it up most anywhere, no dust,
no electricity needed. Its own built in stand would be a plus for the
one in the video.

What makes this one different is the fact that you move the shear like a miter saw, in other words, the cutting head moves. The other non powered lever type shears out there are not popular for siding is you have to move the material (what a pain in the ass) to achieve and angle cut. Can't be reliably operated by one man or "cutter guy". Imagine cutting a long 5/12 for the face of a gable (about 22 degrees) with one guy tailing the material and the other guy working the shear.

Also, these have a bad reputation (not substantiated by me!) for being unreliable over the long haul. Just like the shears for the laminate flooring, if you were doing your own home or a couple of houses, these would probably be great.

That being said, I still think if that shear can take some job site punishment, it will be a out of the park home run.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:53:22 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

[...]

Particularly the miter setup. I've done some siding on a house with a
4:12 pitch roof and it wasn't easy making the cuts.