Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The VERY best woodworking show

I know there's been some discussion about the sorry state of the national woodworking shows - I can recall going to one in the 1990's that was just a treat. But here's a great alternative - Woodworking in America put on by Pop Woodworking. High end vendors, wonderful and enlightening seminars and the ability to see various woodworking icons just walking around (Roy Underhill, Chris Schwarz, Marc Spagnolo, etc.). Very little or no "cheap stuff", just honest to goodness wood tools and seminars.

There is no link for the 2017 show, but here's one that sort looks back at 2016 and 2015, so you can get the idea.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wo...shows/wia-show

Now, this isn't cheap and you have to fly to Kentucky via Cincinnati (I believe), but if you live near by or within driving distance, it's great. I was fortunate enough to go to the show they did in Pasadena CA years ago and wish I could do it again soon.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

MJ wrote:
[...]

Thank you, MJ! According to the following link, there is no 2017
"Woodworking in America" in favor of "Handworks", this year:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wo...g-america-2018
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message news
MJ wrote:
[...]

Not sure it can be found on the web any longer, but Chris Schwarz (former
editor of Popular Woodworking) referred to my club's annual "Woodworkers
Showcase" as his favorite woodworking show. He said that several times over
the years... He also presented there. The first time I saw Chris at the show
he was talking to Tom L-N at the L-N booth. The next time Chris was there he
presented... Doug Stowe was also there to present for the first time.

Come to Showcase! ;~)

John