Posted to rec.woodworking

Default shop ventilation

read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with
their pet cats

they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment

now it got me thinking about co generators in the shop

are there any activities typical of a wood shop that can generate
co

i keep my shop well ventilated but once in a while i work without
fans and everything closed

but as far as i know none of the work i do generates co

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2017 5:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/2/2017 3:17 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with
their pet cats

they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment

now it got me thinking about co generators in the shop

are there any activities typical of a wood shop that can generate
co

Heat

I was thinking of Electric Comet. If he stops breathing he won't die of
CO poisoning... right?

--
Jeff

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 8:05:58 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
On 2/2/2017 5:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/2/2017 3:17 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with
their pet cats

they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment

now it got me thinking about co generators in the shop

are there any activities typical of a wood shop that can generate
co

Heat

I was thinking of Electric Comet. If he stops breathing he won't die of
CO poisoning... right?

No, he won't and as far as I know, the prefix for complementary functions in
mathematics is not harmful to humans, so any co in his workshop shouldn't
bother him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 17:47:09 -0500
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Heat

not worried about that in my shop but have read stories of people
using outdoor heaters indoors or in tents even

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 12:17:33 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with
their pet cats

they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment

FWIG, it wasn't CO.

now it got me thinking about co generators in the shop

are there any activities typical of a wood shop that can generate
co

Burning wood?

i keep my shop well ventilated but once in a while i work without
fans and everything closed

but as far as i know none of the work i do generates co

If you burn edges that much, it's time to set up your saw better.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with
their pet cats

they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment

now it got me thinking about co generators in the shop

are there any activities typical of a wood shop that can generate
co

i keep my shop well ventilated but once in a while i work without
fans and everything closed

but as far as i know none of the work i do generates co

Don't believe everything you read online. 3D printers do NOT produce
CO. The most common filament is PLA, which is made from corn - no
hyfrocarbons anywhere in its chain. The next most common filament is
ABS, which doesn't smell that great when hot but it's not a source of
significant CO.

The laser cutter doesn't produce CO itself, but you do need to know
what the materials you cut are made from. Same kind of intelligent
caution that requires a mask, long sleeves and gloves when cutting
pressure treated wood.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2017 21:49:46 -0500
ads wrote:

Don't believe everything you read online. 3D printers do NOT produce
CO. The most common filament is PLA, which is made from corn - no
hyfrocarbons anywhere in its chain. The next most common filament is
ABS, which doesn't smell that great when hot but it's not a source of
significant CO.

are you contradicting your self or do i misunderstand

or are you talking semantics

bullets kill people not guns

The laser cutter doesn't produce CO itself, but you do need to know
what the materials you cut are made from. Same kind of intelligent

simpler just to stay well ventilated and not risk death

caution that requires a mask, long sleeves and gloves when cutting
pressure treated wood.

i cut pressure treated mud sill in tshirt and shorts and no gloves or
mask

have never worn gloves while using the skilsaw