Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cross ventilation in shop (Barn fan)

Every few weeks, I see this thin skin of dust all over my shop. I have
a DC, Festool and Fein suckers, and recirc filter, but still, you just
can't catch it all.
In my old shop, I'd open up the paint-booth and went nuts with an air
hose an blew the whole place out.
Now, I have punched a hole in the wall and mounted a 2300 cfm barn fan
in it and built a box, which covers the exhaust and gently bends the
outflow towards the grass behind my shop.
The amount of dust on everything is ultra fine and there isn't much of
it. It's just that I can't stand grabbing a tool and feeling dust.

It interferes with my art.

Tomorrow I will take my special blow gun # 12 and start on one end and
work my way to the fan (A N95 on my face, of course.)
That fan sucks real good. The back of my building will likely look
like the test site at Morton Thiokol. but if that dust cloud bothers
the Birkenstock wearing, tree-hugging, Grande Latte swillin, Volvo
driving Green Tilley Shorts *******s.... too bad, It's alll natural.

BIG BARN lance Home Repair 2 October 19th 07 02:18 AM
BIG BARN lance Home Repair 4 October 19th 07 02:18 AM
Pole barn shop/garage help stryped Metalworking 5 March 16th 06 11:42 PM
Building a pole barn shop Don Home Repair 13 April 15th 04 05:51 PM
Wood shop ventilation Tom Tilque Woodworking 0 August 12th 03 08:29 PM